Sabella Skills hitting video

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2022
I think thats an ‘oppo’ approach. I am a fan of the oppo approach timing wise. Not a fan of the oppo approach mechanically. Or maybe too big of a barrel tip. Or not timed correctly every time. 🤷🏽‍♂️ There are a lot of moving parts for sure.
My guess is she is trying to lift her bat at contact to try to get elevation. Either way, the energy of the bat is being redirected and not maximizing exit velocity.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
One observation: Her bat ends up very vertical on the follow through after contact. I wonder if she is holding the bat too tight and not letting hit through the ball with max velocity. IMO, the follow through angle of the bat should be on plane with the contact angle.
I'm surprised that no one else commented on this because it jumped out at me too. I think it's caused by a bad grip. One wrist has to have some extension, usually the top hand one. You can't have two neutral (flat) wrists. Typically a neutral top hand wrist also includes a grip with the bat too deep in the hand.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I'm surprised that no one else commented on this because it jumped out at me too. I think it's caused by a bad grip. One wrist has to have some extension, usually the top hand one. You can't have two neutral (flat) wrists. Typically a neutral top hand wrist also includes a grip with the bat too deep in the hand.
This never gets talked about. you can get close to two flat wrists with a good grip. If you are a core pull hitter (frisbee thrower) your bottom hand is flat and if you are a hammer hitter your top hand is wrist is flat.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
This never gets talked about. you can get close to two flat wrists with a good grip.
It sounds like you are hedging a bit, would you teach a grip with two flat wrists or not? I see it a lot but when I look at how they have finished the swing the grip has shifted, so they are relaxing one hand or the other during the swing and allowing the grip to change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi