Roster size limitations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 27, 2012
I don't have any rule books handy, so wondering if anyone knows the various governing bodies rules on roster size? I have a younger 14U team that is looking to split some time with an older 14U team over the fall and early spring. All combined we could have as many as 15 that want to play at a few tournaments together. Can you bring this many? Straight nine with 6 subs! I know it sounds a little wacky, but could be fun. Just want to be sure on the rules.

Mar 26, 2013
Rosters of 15 are fairly common here for 16U/18U teams. The bigger question is whether your coach(es) and parents are prepared for that many.

Feb 7, 2013
Rosters of 15 are fairly common here for 16U/18U teams. The bigger question is whether your coach(es) and parents are prepared for that many.

How about 17 for 1st year 14U? That is what my DD just signed up for. She really likes the coach, the girls, and organization. We are going into this with an open mind and the fact that after fall we might have some attrition due to player movement. I'll report back in a few months and may have a different opinion :) My goal this season is to stay positive (and to sit amongst the trees beyond right field).

Mar 26, 2013
How about 17 for 1st year 14U? That is what my DD just signed up for. She really likes the coach, the girls, and organization. We are going into this with an open mind and the fact that after fall we might have some attrition due to player movement. I'll report back in a few months and may have a different opinion :) My goal this season is to stay positive (and to sit amongst the trees beyond right field).
Rosters of 15 definitely occur at all age levels, however they aren't fairly common below 16U and become rarer the younger you go.

Best wishes to you and your DD. I look forward to hearing how it goes.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse