Rose olored Glasses and The Elephant in the Room

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
See...this is why I'm against banning, but greatly favor Moderating. Moderating where a poster's posts can be edited or deleted in certain forums or threads, but they would be provided forum(s) where no holds are barred and any who enter, do so at their own risks.
Mr. Moderator, one principle antagonist gets to post his case here. But the other is banned.
Unban Teacherman.

JMHO.
I've been banned 3X's @ HI. First when I was a member. 2nd when guests could post in the blog. And now just recently when he found out who "Howe Clever" was. Rich is not brave. He's a coward who hides behind the firewall. He needs to control the narrative.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Someone doesn't understand how to coil while moving out... ;) He/They will try to tell you that this is all back, all forward. Yet, this young hitter is going back WHILE he is moving forward. He needs you to believe him folks. It's a revenue stream.

3-1.gif

Btw, for those of you paying close attention. Notice the nice nickname he gave to the "KID". See, he and I debating is one thing. But he's getting his butt kicked, so now the kid gets demonized. Nice, right? I wonder how he'd talk if we meet in person???

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
PC,
Great post! Full disclaimer. I don't have any DD's, and I grew up with 4 brothers and no sisters. So I'm going to try to do my best, not to be too much of a caveman over here. Please help me when you can...

Here's a video I'll show and tell. I've never posted it outside of my other community, so I'm not really sure how it was circulated (I have ideas), but anyway.

The goal was to really move out (going big) while holding the coil. Notice the plate being used as a wedge under the rear foot. The weight must stay within the rear upper-inner thigh. Also note. My son was 12yo at the time. The bat is a 32in wood bat with 50 penny's taped to the barrel.

Ok, i'm a believer, this kid looks very good. Very nice "going big" swing.

Now, i'm awaiting for you to help some posters DD's, so as I can learn more of the "cues" that you use, and to further fill my own bucket of repairs.

Even though I understand the "swing in a phone booth", , i'd rather they coiled into the phone booth, and get off the back foot, for a bit.

One tall plate, to add into my bucket. thank you

Sep 2, 2013
Tommy, the translation of what "The Project" wrote: Don't believe your lying eyes.

The truth: This hitter was taught to swing one-legged. He was taught to pull back and clamp his scap tight. He was taught to aggressively torque the barrel, but not direct the handle at go. And he was taught to "slip the hip". He was taught to Dip then swing. Combine all that non-sense, and you get what you see.

If that above swing is what you are looking for, go for it.

Howe(Ace), your direct the handle at go statement. How would you describe it? I'm confused, help me out. Would that mean yanking the knob from underneath the barrel or maybe turning the barrel in the hands? Or is it something else?

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Howe(Ace), your direct the handle at go statement. How would you describe it? I'm confused, help me out. Would that mean yanking the knob from underneath the barrel or maybe turning the barrel in the hands? Or is it something else?
Hey gramps, thought I lost ya. Musta been choking down some BigMacs, huh? After you got back in the car, and dumped the bag of greasy fries and burgers in the passenger seat, did you turn the wheel before accelerating or did you accelerate and then trun the wheel? Maybe you turned the wheel and accelerated at the same time? Ahhh, whatever. At least you made it back to the pool hall in one place.

Hey, what do you think? Started IDENTICALLY, right?
All three swings were started IDENTICALLY.....then adjusted.

Just like Cabrera.....
NonAdjust.gif

HLAdjust.gif

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2013
Hey gramps, thought I lost ya. Musta been choking down some BigMacs, huh? After you got back in the car, and dumped the bag of greasy fries and burgers in the passenger seat, did you turn the wheel before accelerating or did you accelerate and then trun the wheel? Maybe you turned the wheel and accelerated at the same time? Ahhh, whatever. At least you made it back to the pool hall in one place.

Ace, just answer the question. Which of your 3 answers do you feel is correct?

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Ace, just answer the question. Which of your 3 answers do you feel is correct?
What's a matter gramps, forget to drink your prune juice? Here, watch this. Sometimes it takes watching funny S**t in order to be able to take one. :D

DadSocketSeparation.gif

Can't you just hear the slide trombone???

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Gramps is wearing stupidity like a badge of honor.

Brndn062510_abc.gif

DadSocketSeparation.gif

Hey Gramps, you're gonna need someone to teach them grandchildren how to hit. Unless you want to load a bunch of stupid on them like you did your boy....

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
First ever "forward by coil" attempt:
ChapLongoria.gif

You think you've done your business a favor. Truth is, you're no longer a mystery. You don't own anything but that miserable swing.

Anyway, you win. I'm sure folks from here will be beating down your door now. :D :D

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves