Rose olored Glasses and The Elephant in the Room

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I just saw this on another site and perhaps some will see what I see per my observations about front leg and back hip.

[video]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u31/rndhad/Cabrera_highside_slo-1.gif[/video]

Look at this video and the example Howe posted in Post #676 and see if you think that they are similar.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Mr Moderator,
I promise not to continue. There have been quite a few posters here, that may or may not knowingly endorsed some questionable information. Of course, this may just be my opinion but I did want to show the history. Thank you in advance.

He raved about this swing when we were there. Made everyone take note. Now it's just embarrassing.

I do see the hip-slip and reverse "C" though. ;)

btw, have you ever seen my sons swing from before HI?

1-18.gif

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Mr Moderator,
I promise not to continue.

You are kidding ... I hope. You have a captive audience. Until you started posting in this thread it was pretty much garbage. I even gave the thread a low rating. Now I'd give it a high rating. We've had folks like HYP, Noon, LClifton and others stop in and field questions ... and it's been great. Stick around ... your posts are appreciated and valued.

Oct 25, 2009
Prince pushes onto his front foot and swings. The bat is coming around after the shift and as the back foot un-weights.

The HI guy just puts his front foot down lightly and swings while on the back leg. His head goes back because he never pushes onto the front foot. His head is trying to stay over the back foot. He is swinging one-legged.

I suppose, in a way, you could say Fielder is swinging one-legged also—but with the front leg. I know, he's not really. But it could be a cue to get off the rear leg.

Another thought. I've been pretty busy since Howe came on but he's definitely resurrected the forum. Even FastFrameSwing is talking civilly. Just kidding (sort of), FFS, I've learned a lot from you.

I'm definitely going to go back quite a few pages and catch up. Howe sounds like I'm going to learn some more. It would be very interesting to read dialogue between Howe and jbooth, if that hasn't already happened. I'm betting they're pretty compatible.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
You are kidding ... I hope. You have a captive audience. Until you started posting in this thread it was pretty much garbage. I even gave the thread a low rating. Now I'd give it a high rating. We've had folks like HYP, Noon, LClifton and others stop in and field questions ... and it's been great. Stick around ... your posts are appreciated and valued.
Thanks Five, I plan on staying around. The comment was in regards to "back/forth", though there are some who like to stoke the fire. Who knows, maybe I've even helped the very person this was directed toward? Doubtful though.

Btw, the 3 members you mentioned above are all talented, informative and gentleman.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Mr Moderator,
I promise not to continue. There have been quite a few posters here, that may or may not knowingly endorsed some questionable information. Of course, this may just be my opinion but I did want to show the history. Thank you in advance.

You better not leave !!! GM likes you... plus you just screwed up everything I've been working on for the last year... Howe you ask???
Well, come to find out... My DD thinks your son is "cute"... total focus fog....not too many boyz get posted on here... Next she loves the windows & deck as a back drop. Although you did help me with validating swinging "in the house", doing it barefoot, both inside & out was the killer ??? In my attempt to be totally open minded... I must confess I have got grumpy when she wanted to swing barefooted... and no way I would film it....I did conceded to letting her just wear footies, even though I needed the long socks to make the videos, for the colors...skin tones is lotz of extra work.... That turned into her trademark @ practice...long pants (in case they pulled a sliding drill out of nowhere)...with no socks... So thx, I have to make a barefoot video next... Totally stripping me of even a residue of parental/coaching leadership....Actually, I think it was our first fight... I would let her swing upside down if she wanted, but was very legalistic about wearing the cleats....I guess it really was just about haveing on her nikes, in all my clips from 8 on....might pay off who knows.

Warning!!! if anyone posts a video of their DD, or anyone else who don't have there hair up in a ponytail w/a headband....I'll......................

Howe really.... get a signature, and an avatar.... build you page presence from the bottom up.... You'll burn out fussing w/ the all the different mindsets... When your to busy, just type "JMHO wrong" or "JMHO right" and the best trick GD taught me was to add one of the smiley faces...

GM... what do you think about us building an index of terms.... linked to the school of thought they come from.... Maybe I've been helping DD too much with her homework, but the vocabulary words list does come in handy...so I can spell it when I look it up on Wikipedia, and find another word to twisted the definition to how I want DD to interpret it.... Maybe we can make a sticky.... I'll EP: a work sheet in a few...gotta snatch it out of DD's bookbag, scan it before she goes to school ;)

EP: Looks like I missed a couple that need to be checked...
perfect-circle-albums-x_pitching-picture4539-9-5-2013-7-03-25-am.jpg

Last edited:

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
PC,
Great post! Full disclaimer. I don't have any DD's, and I grew up with 4 brothers and no sisters. So I'm going to try to do my best, not to be too much of a caveman over here. Please help me when you can...

Here's a video I'll show and tell. I've never posted it outside of my other community, so I'm not really sure how it was circulated (I have ideas), but anyway.

The goal was to really move out (going big) while holding the coil. Notice the plate being used as a wedge under the rear foot. The weight must stay within the rear upper-inner thigh. Also note. My son was 12yo at the time. The bat is a 32in wood bat with 50 penny's taped to the barrel.

Dec 1, 2011
See...this is why I'm against banning, but greatly favor Moderating. Moderating where a poster's posts can be edited or deleted in certain forums or threads, but they would be provided forum(s) where no holds are barred and any who enter, do so at their own risks.
Mr. Moderator, one principle antagonist gets to post his case here. But the other is banned.
Unban Teacherman.

JMHO.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
PC,
Great post! Full disclaimer. I don't have any DD's, and I grew up with 4 brothers and no sisters. So I'm going to try to do my best, not to be too much of a caveman over here. Please help me when you can...

Here's a video I'll show and tell. I've never posted it outside of my other community, so I'm not really sure how it was circulated (I have ideas), but anyway.

The goal was to really move out (going big) while holding the coil. Notice the plate being used as a wedge under the rear foot. The weight must stay within the rear upper-inner thigh. Also note. My son was 12yo at the time. The bat is a 32in wood bat with 50 penny's taped to the barrel.

Bold above ^^^^^^^ I've come to believe that that is really important. Probably the most often comment my dd makes when swinging is the tension there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves