Rose olored Glasses and The Elephant in the Room

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 2, 2013
Here's something for ya to chew on fellas:

Weight Shift
•Balance in a player with the arms outstretched to either side would be at the line that bisects the pants zipper.
•When you put both hands to the back side and then add the weightof a bat back their where is the new center of gravity? It moves to a location nearer thefront inner thigh.
•What happens when you do the above and then pull on the bat thathas mass and inertia (resistance to movement)? You are more out of balance backwardsand you have no lead shoulder leverage.
•The “new balance center”at swing initiation is no longer the zipper. It is somewhere forward of that original point.
•So the weight must shift to the new balance center to be “in balance”at launch.
•Somebody once said, “There is a button on the ground in front of every batter. How and when the batter steps on that button has a lot to do with the quality of the swing.”
Another great cue for weight shift is “move the release point more out front”or “take the knob out in front of your lead pocket before to release it”.

Knob out in front of lead pocket. I think pitch location determines were you release. You can not teach one standard release point.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Howe, of your cues listed, are these Epstein, Yeager, ... or your observations?

It's a compilation that was vetted through trial/error and presented by Swingbuster. Of course it was then repackaged/rebranded and then changed...

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Howe,
All I've been asking from you from the get go is what is wrong with HI. If you would be so kind open up a new thread and if you could go through each HI concept like SNF ect...and explain what you don't like. I truely want to learn the best for my DD. If not, I tried. I see you gave us alittle taste this is what I'm looking for.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Howe, I have a feeling you and I have been through the repackaged/rebranded and then changed journey although I'm not certain as of yet. LOL. For me, it was Lau, Hudgens, Epstein, Englishbey, to name a few and then additions and deletions.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Knob out in front of lead pocket. I think pitch location determines were you release. You can not teach one standard release point.
You would think, right? So your contention is, on the outside pitch, the ball needs to travel deeper? If that's true, do you think the hitter opens his front hip fully?

You see what I'm saying?

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
You have suggested Miggy toward me a few times...absolutely great idea...but do you see something done differently in his swing then Bonds, Davis, Craig and etc?
Miggy is the best PURE hitter of the ones you mentioned. Craig is the least talented. Davis needs a track record. Bonds was a great hitter, obviously not PURE. 73 HR's in 2001 is ridiculous, and I don't mean that in a good way.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2013
For most hitters the ball needs too travel deeper unless you want to groundout to your strong side. The farther from the ball the less the hips open up. Do you teach release in front of lead pocket on all pitch locations?

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
For most hitters the ball needs too travel deeper unless you want to groundout to your strong side. The farther from the ball the less the hips open up. Do you teach release in front of lead pocket on all pitch locations?
Who are the less hitters? No, I don't teach release in front of the lead pocket. I teach hitting the inside seam of the ball. The front lead pocket just seems to work out nicely, don't cha think?

Let's not pull any punches here grandpa. Let's go all in!

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
The "round mound of sound" asks.
Why would you want lead shoulder leverage?
Cabrera_053113_side.gif

How long have you been at this???

No wonder all of your hitters dip the rear shoulder before they initiate launch... Too funny.

PenaSteven.gif

BondsBrndn1.gif

Slide and shift that rear hip boys. Get that rear shoulder down early.... LOL

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207