Rose olored Glasses and The Elephant in the Room

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
I don't think weathervaning deserves any real attention. It happens if the hands/wrists/forearms are working correctly you have the makings a of deeper swing path...
I agree, but would add that the front elbow should stay somewhat flexed yet firm. And should work up.

This is not so much related to this conversation, but it summarizes what Epstein considers the 5 absolutes. http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/document/0028/7284/Key_Points_In_Rotational_Hitting.pdf

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
I like to look at more like this
regift.jpg

You're better off not communicating in your own words. Some here and elsewhere may find out how little you really know. And then you'll lose even your credibility to re-gif! See what I did there?

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Was that supposed to be a "gotcha", cause somehow I'm not feeling the burn. Passing along reputable information is always preferable to passing along ill-conceived non-sense.
Here's an example of what I'm talking about: http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-hitting-technical/13657-wish-better.html#post160211

Thats your opinion and it was OK when you were following HI information.
Not sure what your saying?
But, you picked the right thread to post old swings of DD's.
Attack away on my 14 y/o DD.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Thats your opinion and it was OK when you were following HI information.
Not sure what your saying?
But, you picked the right thread to post old swings of DD's.
Attack away on my 14 y/o DD.
You have the wrong guy. That's not my MO. I'm here to help, sorry if you can't see that. It's cool though, I like playing the part.

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
You have the wrong guy. That's not my MO. I'm here to help, sorry if you can't see that.

Howe,
I been around here and else where I know how it works.
You posted the thread why stop there? Just so everyone knows I'm not a HI member I only read the HI blog. So, I believe this swing may have been the beginning of our journey. So, I am the one to blame no one else and should not be a reflection on any teaching concept.
So, Howe continue to do what your going to do.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Howe,
I been around here and else where I know how it works.
You posted the thread why stop there? Just so everyone knows I'm not a HI member I only read the HI blog. So, I believe this swing may have been the beginning of our journey. So, I am the one to blame no one else and should not be a reflection on any teaching concept.
So, Howe continue to do what your going to do.
What the heck are you even talking about? My example has nothing to do with your DD. It has to do with the way bad information is propagated.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
What the heck are you even talking about? My example has nothing to do with your DD. It has to do with the way bad information is propagated.

You posted my DD's thread as an example of bad information and the result of listeninng to bad information? Using her swing as an example of what happens when someone listens to bad information? Also an example of why someone shouldn't listen to me who instructed the girl in the thread with bad information. Yes, I guess your right about seeing the posters 'students' in this case my 1 and only student my DD Laura before you listen to their hitting advise. I'm sorry I got you all wrong. You are here to help the kids just not my kid.
Howe continue you are right and I am was wrong again.

Jul 10, 2008
Central PA

Howe, is this the part of the linked post you're referring to?

"Try explaining to her about the rear hip pivot point. If that rear hip is a point that is going forward...every thing above that point can pull backwards...with the back's muscles...that point will pull forward against rearward pull...keep pulling back and add a pivot point of the barrel turning backwards around the hands...that will equal a barrel being whipped around a corner from behind the rear hip.

Take away all thought of forcefully swinging forward into the ball.

So the leg irs, the back pulls back, creates a hpp...keep pulling back and iring will increase the stretch until it gives and whips the barrel."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01