Rose olored Glasses and The Elephant in the Room

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 29, 2010
???

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the clips are prior to her surgery. I believe he refers to the deformity.

But whatever, it's kind of sickening to bash a kid. His kid, or the other kid, or any kid. Whether it's him or you or whoever. Whether it's done through him or directly to the kid, no difference.

Where in this whole thread has any member bash welly 's dd? Stop flaming or adding false statements.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
If a kid came to me for lessons, with a stance like Jeff Bagwell, I would probably tell him that don't look so good. Or Ken Griffey Jr., or Gary Sheffield, or Babe Ruth, et al. None of them, IMO, look as good as Miguel Cabrera.

I agree... and will add, that JMHO its a transition, or Evolution so to speak. You start with Bautista then to Cano then Miggey then BB !!!

Jan 13, 2012
I don't believe Rdbass is bashing anyone's kid.

Nobody is going after ANYONE'S kid. We are going after material, and nothing else. There are only a few things that really irritate me in both real life and the internet, and one of them is giving information that limits a kid's chances in softball, baseball, or any other sport. If you want to take it personally, fine. You have to have a pretty thick skin to stick around here, especially when people make false accusations.

Jan 13, 2012
Think long term ..... honesty now, will pay dividends later. You don't have to be mean with your answer, but an honest answer would be helpful longer term. So here's the question ....... as you scan these three video clips, what order would you rank them from Good-to-NotAsGood? Would it be Right-Left-Middle?

JessJessBrooke.gif

Yes to the bold. The swing on the left is FAR closer to the swing on the right.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I believe the swing clips on the left and in the middle were both prior to surgery. The swing on the left is years earlier than the swing in the middle.

So what is your answer?

JessJessBrooke.gif

Leaving out the hitter on the right(because I don't know how she was included in this discussion)
I would pick the hitter on the left.
I would work on her hand usage. I feel she is close to being in the proper sequence
Not sure if the question was for me?

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Last edited:
Oct 25, 2009
http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-hitting-technical/15480-jb-wb-thread-rear-one-legged.html
Please read though this thread which was the orginal thread that created this thread. If I 'bashed' anyones DD I will apologize. If I didn't then you owe me an apology. Seems fair.

With honor, re-read your post that I first responded to and tell me you were trying to help.

No matter your answer, what would I apologize for? If we were all sitting around a big table, kids included, would this same conversation, using the same tone have taken place. I don't think so.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
With honor, re-read your post that I first responded to and tell me you were trying to help.
No matter your answer, what would I apologize for? If we were all sitting around a big table, kids included, would this same conversation, using the same tone have taken place. I don't think so.

Not what I asked. Re-read the thread that you said I 'bashed' someones DD. That is what I asked surely, you can do that? Please point out where I 'bashed Wellphyt DD?
How's this. Point out the post where I wasn't trying to help out. Easy to throw out 'I wasn't trying to help' But, you said 'bash' didn;t you? Nope won't let it go. You are saying things I didn't say. Quote them then I will responed OK?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2009
Not what I asked. Re-read the thread that you said I 'bashed' someones DD. That is what I asked surely, you can do that? Please point out where I 'bashed Wellphyt DD?
How's this. Point out the post where I wasn't trying to help out. Easy to through out 'I wasn't trying to help' But, you said 'bash' didn;t you? Nope won't let it go. You are saying things I didn't say. Quote them then I will responed OK?

Show me where I said "you" bashed Wellphyt's DD.

I'm about done with this discussion. What's there is there! I refer you to your post, #301 and I'm done!

Last edited: