Rose olored Glasses and The Elephant in the Room

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 14, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
I don't understand it? I had no ideal your DD was so hurt. I probably along with other posters had no prior knowledge of the extent of your DD injury. Yet, your DD continued to play, you put her through practices. You also had your DD doing drills, hitting live pitching and now balls off of a tee, all while you knew she was injured. Why? I didn't know she was hurt. You did. Why? Yet, you continue to post, post after post of an injured girl. I don't know about anybody else but, I will be no part of this any longer.
Good day Dad.

Your ability to comprehend what people write is about as bad as I've seen.

My dd is far from a special needs kid....her leg was eventually repaired with surgery. However, the fact is she was BORN with a severe right leg alignment issue. I've had the pleasure of working with true special needs kids....and they are NOT INJURED. Do you understand the difference?

The back leg in hitting is critical....it's the platform that makes everything else work. If you can't create a proper platform with the back leg....it causes special challenges when trying to match what the best hitters do.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Your ability to comprehend what people write is about as bad as I've seen.

My dd is far from a special needs kid....her leg was eventually repaired with surgery. However, the fact is she was BORN with a severe right leg alignment issue. I've had the pleasure of working with true special needs kids....and they are NOT INJURED. Do you understand the difference?

The back leg in hitting is critical....it's the platform that makes everything else work. If you can't create a proper platform with the back leg....it causes special challenges when trying to match what the best hitters do.

See, I comprehend better than you think. The problem is other posters comprehension is what I worry about. I did not ever say your DD has special needs nor is a special needs kid. I said your DD had an injury. That is the problem with discussing with you you make up lies to make me look bad. Stick to discussing hitting. I saw you kicking puppies. Thats not nice.
I will not post on this thread again.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
softballphreak,
Pick the swings that you like.
JessJessBrooke.gif

I think your bashing the wrong person. I tried to help or did you miss that in my post?
Here I'll help I see 2.

Two girls on left don't spin on their back foot....squish the bug. Two girls on left don't have a gate swing. Two girls on left get full extension after contact. Two girls on left have a corner and don't swing in a circle.

The girl on the right is doing the equivalent of golfing a ball off a tee. One day the girl on the right will have to come to grips with this:

The girl on the right is not doing the same thing as the better fastpitch hitters like Cochran and Lockwood....not even close. She is in a totally different pattern. She is ALL UNLOAD.

She does not LOAD THE BARREL BEHIND THE CORNER.........like Cochran, Lockwood and the two girls on the left. She UNloads the barrel FROM FRAME ONE........Turn and TURN and TURN and TURN the barrel toward contact.........That is FORCE......NOT WHIP..........

It's EXACTLY why Richard at HI has to tell ALL his people they MUST SWING HARDER to get the barrel to contact...........TOO MANY FRAMES OF BARREL TURNING TOWARD CONTACT........

She ain't got any of THIS action in her swing......Her barrel HAS NO CORNER........It IS a circle......

2d8j33r.jpg

Jan 14, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
See, I comprehend better than you think. The problem is other posters comprehension is what I worry about. I did not ever say your DD has special needs nor is a special needs kid. I said your DD had an injury. That is the problem with discussing with you you make up lies to make me look bad. Stick to discussing hitting. I saw you kicking puppies. Thats not nice.
I will not post on this thread again.

You have got to be KIDDING ME! Can you not comprehend what people write?

I didn't say you said my dd has special needs. You never once said that about my dd. What I said was that kids who are born with bodies that aren't perfect....ARE NOT INJURED.

I see the alignment issue with my dd's leg in other kids all the time now. I've never seen a kid as bad as my dd....but the fact is that lots of kids aren't born with perfectly aligned leg bones. I now take that into consideration when teaching and when viewing video clips.

My dd's right leg issue has increased my understanding of how the back leg gets used....beyond what most can comprehend. Have you ever seen an x-ray of a coiled hip socket? I have.

IR-IR-IR to weight shift is pure nonsense....and beyond that...you are putting kids at risk of injury....because the body is not designed to naturally work that way.

Jan 13, 2012
You have got to be KIDDING ME! Can you not comprehend what people write?

I didn't say you said my dd has special needs. You never once said that about my dd. What I said was that kids who are born with bodies that aren't perfect....ARE NOT INJURED.

I see the alignment issue with my dd's leg in other kids all the time now. I've never seen a kid as bad as my dd....but the fact is that lots of kids aren't born with perfectly aligned leg bones. I now take that into consideration when teaching and when viewing video clips.

My dd's right leg issue has increased my understanding of how the back leg gets used....beyond what most can comprehend. Have you ever seen an x-ray of a coiled hip socket? I have.

IR-IR-IR to weight shift is pure nonsense....and beyond that...you are putting kids at risk of injury....because the body is not designed to naturally work that way.

Stop insulting people and asking whether or not they comprehend what you write. Most of us understand it perfectly well. It appears as though you're having comprehension problems of your own regarding what RayR, RHC, and others are writing. Nobody is teaching IR-IR-IR to weight shift or "drive the back knee down and in to shift." It's a straw man, okay? I explained how it occurs in the HI model about 20 or so pages ago, but it seems to have gone unheeded because it doesn't fit anyone's agenda.

Jan 13, 2012
Two girls on left don't spin on their back foot....squish the bug. Two girls on left don't have a gate swing. Two girls on left get full extension after contact. Two girls on left have a corner and don't swing in a circle.

The girl on the right is doing the equivalent of golfing a ball off a tee. One day the girl on the right will have to come to grips with this:

The girl on the right is not doing the same thing as the better fastpitch hitters like Cochran and Lockwood....not even close. She is in a totally different pattern. She is ALL UNLOAD.

She does not LOAD THE BARREL BEHIND THE CORNER.........like Cochran, Lockwood and the two girls on the left. She UNloads the barrel FROM FRAME ONE........Turn and TURN and TURN and TURN the barrel toward contact.........That is FORCE......NOT WHIP..........

It's EXACTLY why Richard at HI has to tell ALL his people they MUST SWING HARDER to get the barrel to contact...........TOO MANY FRAMES OF BARREL TURNING TOWARD CONTACT........

She ain't got any of THIS action in her swing......Her barrel HAS NO CORNER........It IS a circle......

2d8j33r.jpg

George Brett has a low-level circle barrel path as well as a gate swing. He only had 3154 career hits.

GBrett3000.gif

Poor George, right?

The corner is not created by the hands, which is why the whole notion of Crankermo's daughter not having a corner is inherently flawed.

Feb 14, 2010
Wellphyt,

I asked once before and I'll ask again, what level does your DD play? You continue to make crap up and will not take what I've responded back with into account. My DD has been extremely successful at the HIGHEST level of travel ball and is committed to a great D1. I really wish. I could write in this thread what I've personally been told by some of the greats to have played this game just to refute the absolute garbage you are spewing here,but that would seem like a delusional dad and there is already one in this thread.

Parents reading this thread, do what you need to do to get your DD to the level they are capable of.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Crankermo has been nice to share what he's worked on over the last two years. The improvements have been impressive.

Wellphyt has shared what he's worked on over the last few years. The improvements are somewhat questionable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse