Rita Lynn gilman

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 9, 2012
My daughter has gone to Rita Lynn for about almost a year. She's 10 and we've seen her speed and accuracy increase dramatically over that time. Her speed now tops out at 48 and shes throwing about 60% of her pitches for strikes. We see Rita Lynn once a month and have found that she tailors her teaching style so that it best fits the individual. She does recommend various training aids, but most of them are ones you can make at home and she even tells you how to do it.

CD's and Videos are good, but I'd recommend finding a coach that your daughter gels with and get individual one on one time.

Sep 18, 2012
A, A
Absolutely, we have always used a PC , just haven't found what were looking for! Think we got it now, not exactly in our back yard. But exactly what I was looking for and my daughter immediately wanted to go back! Going to supplement the lessons with some of RLG drills and see where we go!

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I think Cat needs the noodle helmet:

View attachment 2581

LOL ... yeah, the noodle helmet would have helped ... hahahaha.

2581d1350184676-rita-lynn-gilman-211.jpeg.300.jpg

Sep 18, 2012
A, A
Guys you over analyze everything. Are you all making a living as a pitching coach? No you all are arm chair quarterbacks, just like the rest of us. Some have played the game others, have watched tons of lessons. I'm sure she starts girls of all ages and in some cases this would give someone feedback that there arm circle isn't straight. No one person pitches exactly as someone else. This is not a exact science. There is some basic fundamentals and within that framework have seen a lot of different styles of pitching. You may or may not agree with everything she does or says, but she has a full time living as a pitching coach. Has a credible list of students that have gone on to be college pitchers! You have to respect success whether you agree her or not, OBVIOUSLY she couldn't be that horrible of a instructor with her list of students. Now let's see a raise of hands for the full time pitching coaches on here that make a living doing it! Oh yeah here comes the people that love to second guess... But your not a full time,making a living at pitching coach! Right? But your oh so qualified you would just rather be a janitor or schoolteacher or some other good excuse for your vocation! But whatever you do and your successful at I congratulate you. Not try to tear you down!

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Now we have people complaining about information being over analyzed. That's when you know someone doesn't have a leg to stand on. Those that reject the Hanson Principle do so at their own risk of advancement. And as an FYI ... it is quite common for pitching instructors to extract money from people while supplying bad information in exchange ... sadly, it is quite common.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1