Rip It Helmet?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 30, 2015
Florida
Just set up my 14u team up with Rip-it this fall. My DD's have used them for years and loved them. Had and issue with the padding coming loose on a helmet a few years ago not more than 6 months after we bought it. I called Rip-it and explained the problem and I had a new one at my door in 3 days.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Just set up my 14u team up with Rip-it this fall. My DD's have used them for years and loved them. Had and issue with the padding coming loose on a helmet a few years ago not more than 6 months after we bought it. I called Rip-it and explained the problem and I had a new one at my door in 3 days.

The pads in Rip-It helmets come loose over time (6-12 months is pretty typical, in my experience). They can easily be glued back in. I tend to use Gorilla Glue, but there are other glues that work well, too. I keep a small bottle of Gorilla Glue in my coach's backpack for just that reason. It's not uncommon for me to do helmet repairs between games.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I have 2 of them for sale.... navy/white with mask and chinstrap.
One is a medium and the other is a large
Brand new, still in wrapper
Bought them in a large group order, but ended up with 2 extra. Shipped for $40 each or $70 for the pair
PM if interested

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2015
The organization we are involved with uses Rip-It, and my DD took a couple pitches to the side of the head last year. One was a solid hit to the ear area, she bounced right up like nothing hit her. We use the black matte, but they take a little extra care to remove the labels without leaving residue marks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves