How do you mark your fielder’s mask

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2023
So no umps will toss a bat for me writing initials on?
Don't think anyone can answer for what every individual umpire would do. 🤷‍♀️

Interesting to see what the rulebooks might offer towards this.

Not remembering ever seeing an Umpire check everybody's safety equipment evoshield's and face masks Etc

Bats yeah see those get checked.

Jan 5, 2018
PNW
We had a coach who told us we couldn’t do any of this stuff because it altered the equipment. (There was a lot of other questionable info given out as well)

So that’s the main background to me asking. So no umps will toss a bat for me writing initials on?
I can't imagine a ump tossing a bat for initials. We put initials on end cap with a sharpie. There's also a company that makes endcap stickers with player numbers. Also used a label maker with name and put it on the barrel right above the grip. That last one worked out good. At a prospect camp another camper had the same Ghost. Claimed my DD's until she said...unless your name is _____ and pointed at the label. :)
And especially for the 12 and under girls mark everything. Saves drama, tears, frustration etc.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Sticker on the handle with your initials. My daughter does it for all her bats with the number of a fallen teammate. It's never been tossed once.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles