How do you mark your fielder’s mask

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 20, 2023
I’m buying a new black rip-it this morning due to a team mix up. What’s the best way to mark it as my kid’s?

Aug 18, 2018
Depending on model, I had a p-touch label somewhere. Early days of a plastic mask was on inside, now she uses a schutt mask and I have her number on the forehead spot

Wish schutt still made those fielder masks.....

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk

Feb 5, 2019
Label maker. Put the sticker between the forehead cushion and metal. Then I put a very small white tape on the mask sides so she can easily discern hers from theirs.

Jan 1, 2024
I’m buying a new black rip-it this morning due to a team mix up. What’s the best way to mark it as my kid’s?
1- Write their name or initials on an inside surface with whiteout.
2- Wrap a small piece of colored electrical tape around one of the bars on the mask so it can be easily spotted.

Also... Every bat on the team should be marked with the owner's initials to help avoid bat mixups.

Jan 20, 2023
1- Write their name or initials on an inside surface with whiteout.
2- Wrap a small piece of colored electrical tape around one of the bars on the mask so it can be easily spotted.

Also... Every bat on the team should be marked with the owner's initials to help avoid bat mixups.

Thanks! How do you mark the bats? The new LXT population is growing weekly (my daughter used hers the first time this weekend and hit one well over the fence for her first home run!)

May 13, 2023
Lots of good Solutions people posted.
add
Chew on it... LOL

On the more serious side have etched into equipment metal/ plastic scribing.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2023
Lots of good Solutions people posted.
add
Chew on it... LOL

On the more serious side have etched into equipment metal/ plastic scribing.

We had a coach who told us we couldn’t do any of this stuff because it altered the equipment. (There was a lot of other questionable info given out as well)

So that’s the main background to me asking. So no umps will toss a bat for me writing initials on?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles