RevFire 2 is available...for real..no joke...like today..now.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
Just arrived about 30 minutes ago along with the rain. Looks cool, if you are into softballs. Directions are pretty short and basic. Still not sure if you can go back and look at all the pitches which I don't think you can as the APP is very basic as well. Not a complaint at all just gives you exactly what you are looking for it appears. Just would like to go back and see what the last 10 pitches were but again, maybe that is available and I don't know it until I use it. Although the directions likely would have mentioned it I would think. However there is a pitch count feature but not sure if you can go back and look at a specific pitch or not. That is a nice to have and not real concerned about it to be honest so we will see.

Bottom line is I have one now after all these years!!!!! And I lost my own bet as my money was on Fastpitch Foundations to come out first....... Rick, call me if you want to use my Revfire 2, we can work something out I am sure!! He is such a great guy :D

JohnnyO

Began this habit in 1980
May 13, 2015
Midwest
Rick has one of the early release units too, so he's been playing with it. I have not found a review of previous balls feature either. I do know they mentioned being able to chart and download, they are talking about it but don't know when or even if that will materialize.

Sep 28, 2015
I received mine last night and had about 10 mins to get it working.

Just tossing it up and catching it the ball would only register once for about every 5-8 tosses. I believe the directions state there is a wake-up period of 8 throws so I was not initially worried about it. But then it kept missing throws so I messed with the throw back settings, clearly the list of balls, distance, catching it early or later to simulate different speeds....all with no change.

Anybody else have the same problem? We do this on the first version and it registers the throw almost every time.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 25, 2012
USA
I received mine last night and had about 10 mins to get it working.

Just tossing it up and catching it the ball would only register once for about every 5-8 tosses. I believe the directions state there is a wake-up period of 8 throws so I was not initially worried about it. But then it kept missing throws so I messed with the throw back settings, clearly the list of balls, distance, catching it early or later to simulate different speeds....all with no change.

Anybody else have the same problem? We do this on the first version and it registers the throw almost every time.

Thanks

Yes, mine did the same thing. Tossed it up in the air and it registered then wouldn't register another toss. Thinking that was just the wakeup and will need to actually throw live for it to read correctly every pitch. Not to worried about it at this point.

Jun 25, 2014
Mine is not working either. Took it out of the package and tossed it up a few times and it was working. Now it won’t do anything.

Last edited:
May 8, 2013
Mine is not working either. Took it out of the package and tossed it up a few times and it was working. Now it won’t do anything

Oh boy - I hope there isn’t some sort of issue with them - I hope someone posts something positive soon!

Jan 17, 2013
Texas
Got to throw 20 pitches tonight with it just to test. Read all but 1 time. I was impressed that the speed registered the same as my pocket radar most of the time. I guess I wasn’t expecting it to be that accurate. Used the blue tooth to a speaker also, was great to have it announced each pitch. Now my question is, what RPS and rotations are we trying to achieve? What is good, what is great, and what is freaking awesome?

shaker1

Softball Junkie
Dec 4, 2014
On a bucket
Now my question is, what RPS and rotations are we trying to achieve? What is good, what is great, and what is freaking awesome?
There are a few charts floating around. This came from the website. Hopefully we can get some more data from all those that have new toys, a new thread maybe with some video accompanied by revfire data, I think would be neat.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi