Reverse Hand Drill

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Howard,

I think I can speak for most of the people on here and state that none of us have access to someone like you other than what you post here! None of us! Please don't let anyone drive you away from this site.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
But taking someones post of a kid hitting and putting it on another site without permission is crossing the line in my books. Why I and many other will not post any of our players swings on here. I will keep using RVP and four frame to see what my players are doing while looking at the best in the world without getting all the negative comments. Plus I'm not sure without a parents permission you can post swings like some are doing on here without a release..

This is very unfortunate .... it is unfortunate for you... and it is unfortunate for everyone else.

There can be a lot of benefit to posting video of your kid. It allows you to collect feedback and it allows others to take note of the feedback. Many can benefit from that.

IMO, one of the benefits of HI.com is that it stresses a common approach. Therefore when you post video there you generally receive feedback within a common theme. I suspect the same thing would be the case at EH.com. When you post in a "general purpose" thread, like at BBF or at this place, then you open your video up to being reviewed by people following different approaches .... and with those different approaches can be what appears to be "agendas" .... and the result can be that the advice can be somewhat "interesting". That said, in time people recognize certain posters as more beneficial/helpful than others.

Just some thoughts ...

Hope things work out.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
IMO, one of the benefits of HI.com is that it stresses a common approach. Therefore when you post video there you generally receive feedback within a common theme. I suspect the same thing would be the case at EH.com.

William Wrigley said, "When two men always agree, one of them is unnecessary." Polite, civil discussion is helpful and beneficial. For those who haven't already made up their minds and closed them, multiple points of view can have great value. It's good to get analysis from people with varying opinions as long as you remember at the end of the day that they are merely opinions, not fact. You find what works best and discard the rest. If it ceases to work, you find something else.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
William Wrigley said, "When two men always agree, one of them is unnecessary." Polite, civil discussion is helpful and beneficial. For those who haven't already made up their minds and closed them, multiple points of view can have great value. It's good to get analysis from people with varying opinions as long as you remember at the end of the day that they are merely opinions, not fact. You find what works best and discard the rest. If it ceases to work, you find something else.

Well said Ken.

There is a great deal of benefit to participating in forum open to various approaches.

Last edited:
I'm going to be upset if a certain poster or 2 convinced Hitter to quit posting here :mad:

Tewks, I think it's interesting to note that the drill you describe and then demonstrate is exactly the drill a self-proclaimed EH instructor had my DD working on last spring.

Feb 16, 2010
Nashua, NH
I'm going to be upset if a certain poster or 2 convinced Hitter to quit posting here :mad:

Tewks, I think it's interesting to note that the drill you describe and then demonstrate is exactly the drill a self-proclaimed EH instructor had my DD working on last spring.

You are going to have to help me out. What is EH?

May 7, 2008
DFW
That would be Englishbey Hitting. This would be the equivalent of what Steve Englishbey would call his tall and fall drill. Its not identical but its pretty close.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06