Recommendations for a pitching coach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 15, 2009
I have a daughter who just turned 12 who has been pitching for a couple years. I have mostly coached her myself but she has gone to a couple different pitching coaches as well. Does anyone have a recommendation for a pitching coach in the middle Tennessee area? thanks

Feb 6, 2009
It's really hard to find good coaches. We're around Albany NY. My daughters have seen a variety of them over the years. We recently went to one, who pitched DI and almost everything she teaches goes against what I read and see here. I'm a big believer in the use of video. Based on video, it's easy to see internal rotation and how the good pitchers finish and follow through. The most recent teacher wants to teach a walking follow through on the fastball without internal rotation. Went a couple times and haven't been back.

Feb 19, 2009
Try the instructors at the link below.

Fast Pitch Instructors National Registry

Fast Pitch Instructors National Registry

Hal,

I'm curious what criteria you use in compiling your directory, I just checked it out and noticed more coaches listed in my area and my dd's coach who used to be in your directory is no longer listed (I'm not complaining about that, I have a hard enough time getting his schedule synched up with my dd's as it is).

I'm not trying to nitpick, I appreciate the effort it must have taken to compile a nationwide directory of pitching instructors but I'm just curious as to how you compiled it.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
Hal,

I'm curious what criteria you use in compiling your directory, I just checked it out and noticed more coaches listed in my area and my dd's coach who used to be in your directory is no longer listed (I'm not complaining about that, I have a hard enough time getting his schedule synched up with my dd's as it is).

I'm not trying to nitpick, I appreciate the effort it must have taken to compile a nationwide directory of pitching instructors but I'm just curious as to how you compiled it.

When I first started it I found a few through a website similar to this and just listed their contact information. Antime someone asked if anyone l knew one I posted the url. Then instructors started contacting me with their contact information and asked to be listed.

A handful sent me an e-mail asking to be removed because they had full schedules and were turning them away. Then other sites began their versions and we shared information from both sites. Lots of teams put links on their websites and it just grew.

There are no pre-requisites except for what is listed on the site. They have to give individual lessons to qualify. If all they do is clinics, they are not for my site, there are plenty of sites out there for clinics.

It is simply a contact list. Parents still have to check the individual instructors out and make their own decisions.

Hal

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Carbajal