Really turned my stomach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I know most of you have either heard about this or seen this. This could be one of us or one of our parents just trying to help or make some extra money. What is wrong with this generation? If you think this is isolated your very wrong, and if you think a group of kids would attack an adult like this what are they doing to kids their own age? Why are these young people so out of control, so disrespectful. Are these really the ones that will take care of us when we get old? Pathetic!!

Sorry, but this crap makes me so mad!!

It's a pretty tough video to watch....
[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l93wAqnPQwk[/video]

Jun 18, 2010
The kids involved should loose bus privileges. Their parents should be inconvenienced to drive them to/from school everyday. If my child was involved, he/she would be personally apologizing, and I'd make them work Saturday's all summer long doing chores at that lady's house.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Sure wish they'd dress me up as a 68 year old "fat" woman, and stick me on the bus before anyone saw me walk on. I'd let these punk kids talk trash for a few mins and then my 38 6'1" 230 self would put all them across my knee for a good spanking!! ( camera off of coarse )

Apr 25, 2010
Not sure what this means. I am in no way prevented from punishing my children.

It means that, depending where you are, you can get charges brought upon you if a punishment is deemed "excessive". For instance, recently, I read about parents being charged with abuse for not supplying their 16yo with a cell phone. It means God help you if you spank your children and it gets reported to the police. It means that at my childrens' school, the teachers are constantly asking the students how their parents punish them.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
For instance, recently, I read about parents being charged with abuse for not supplying their 16yo with a cell phone.

It means God help you if you spank your children and it gets reported to the police.

I'd like to see links to stories about parents being arrested or charged with crimes for taking away cell phones or spanking children. I haven't heard of that.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
Neighbor called 911 on my brother-in-law for drag/walking his kid down the street after he ran off because he didn't like what dad was saying to him. Cop lectured the kid for 10m, told him he was lucky because not only could his dad legally restrain him, he could go so far as to beat him with a belt.
No charges, no followups from Social Services, no story.

This is in CA, so I would expect most communities to be more conservative.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremy523