Rawlings/Easton to only do a warranty replacement once?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
But thats my point though...its not a week spot as its just not made to be hit there often. But i also havent heard of it much.
Maybe she shouldnt be in a drop11?
She just turned 11 at end of oct, played up last year to 12U at 10. Just wanting another year of drop 11 till going to drop 10 next year👍👍 She has strong bat speed but just wanted one oz lighter for one more season here.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
She just turned 11 at end of oct, played up last year to 12U at 10. Just wanting another year of drop 11 till going to drop 10 next year👍👍 She has strong bat speed but just wanted one oz lighter for one more season here.
What drop11 is she in?

Because hopefully you knew that most drop11s weighed worse than drop10s

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
That's crazy...got it when it hit so wasn't aware. Are you saying the drop 10 is the same or actually less weight than the drop 11?!
There are some drop11s that weigh more then the drop10. Not talking just with Ghosts...LS had the same issue as well.
Now, its bat by bat case as weights vary...not every drop11 is that bad, but def have seen a lot.
Inner tech bats have always been pretty bad at drop11s. Mizuno is the only inner tech bat that has pretty good weights.
Demarini are hollow, so there is nothing for them to work around so no issue there.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
There are some drop11s that weigh more then the drop10. Not talking just with Ghosts...LS had the same issue as well.
Now, its bat by bat case as weights vary...not every drop11 is that bad, but def have seen a lot.
Inner tech bats have always been pretty bad at drop11s. Mizuno is the only inner tech bat that has pretty good weights.
Demarini are hollow, so there is nothing for them to work around so no issue there.
Core, you will appreciate this. My 1987 Green Easton baseball bat is rated as a 34/30. It actually weighs 31.85 ounces, and that's without any tape or grip, which has all worn off.

It would appear Easton has been overweight for a very long time.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Core, you will appreciate this. My 1987 Green Easton baseball bat is rated as a 34/30. It actually weighs 31.85 ounces, and that's without any tape or grip, which has all worn off.

It would appear Easton has been overweight for a very long time.
Most baseball bats are overweight, especially metals, not just Easton.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Just put on a scale both 30 -11 Ghosts I have, they both came to 20.1 oz👀
What's the point of offering both. Sheesh
And again, its an issue with many drop11s. Just people dont know it is. I have seen some drop11s run 1.5+ over

I guess you can say that 30/20s will weigh more than that though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00