rank the softball hotbeds in the U.S.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Hard to beat Florida, and Texas. Great softball, no state income tax, lots of jobs, affordable housing, state budget surplus, did I mention no state income tax?

BTW - It is 76 degrees back home in Central Florida. All the snow melted 10,000 years ago after last ice age. :)

Last edited:

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Florida and Texas are pretty good bets. If you go west, Az is a great bet and similar to Florida and Texas as far as cost of living goes. California is great but I rarely recommend it to people relocating from somewhere else because the housing costs are so ridiculously high.

Feb 7, 2013
Look at the top D1 programs right now and a disproportionate amount of players are coming from SoCal. Factors include:

a) large population
b) weather (practice & play games year-round) ("Riseball" the humidty in FL is brutal!)
c) numerous travel ball options
d) multiple tournament options any given weekend
e) rec leagues with progressive rules (e.g. kid pitch at 8U)
f) top notch instructors within 60 miles
g) fastpitch history and tradition
h) affluence to be able to afford personal instruction, best equipment, facilities, out of state tournaments, etc.

Just my .02

FYI - I wouldn't move based on softball

Mar 31, 2014
Birmingham Alabama isn't too bad but the rest of the state of Alabama is weak with the exception of a team or two scattered all over the state.

Dec 7, 2011
East-Central Wisconsin ALL THE WAY!!!!!

Snow and overlapping monsoons end by July!.
Then you have outdoor weather ALL THE WAY THRU the middle of August!!!!
Then during your two outdoor months you do have mostly 20-30mph gusty winds to keep away the flocks of mosquitos until dusk where you have to run inside or risk death by anemia!
Couple that with one of the best healthy-eating cultures in the world!!!!!

God this is heaven!!!!!!!!!

;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd