Random Pet Peeves

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2013
HPU who call an inconsistent zone

……or the umpires who also refuse to call corners! One umpire literally told our catcher that if she is catching the ball over the river he is still going to call the pitch a ball even if it crosses the plate (she had looked back at him a few times in disbelief). Ummm…..what??! This is college ball, correct??!

Feb 24, 2022
Gate fees, poor restrooms options, parking that is a mile from the field you are actually on, parents that don't do their homework about teams and then complain about playing time/daddy ball/drama/coaching/etc.

The last one may sound obvious - I hate playing in the rain. Yes, it's better than getting rained out. But, it's not a real game. It's an exercise in seeing which pitcher can keep the ball dry and throw less balls. Especially if it's a game against a quality team, I'd almost prefer not to play it in a lot of cases

Jun 11, 2013
Parents who go to 75-100 games a year and don't know basic rules but feel the need yell them out when they happen.

Wanting IFF just because their team dropped a ball even thought it's not in affect.

Telling runners to run on D3K with runner on base

Saying it's not a HBP because it bounced.

I don't expect everyone to know every single rule but these happen every weekend so by 16U you should know them.

Jun 29, 2023
Soooooo, I am an old crabby guy. The music or sound systems rolled up to the fields hacks me off. I don't want to hear your music as I try to get my team ready to play. I certainly don't want to hear your music if I am four fields removed from you and your diamond.
Yes!

Top_Notch

Screwball
Dec 18, 2014
One pet peeve is that in college everything scored as a *hit* whereas the play (or lack thereof) could easily be ruled an error.

Oct 25, 2009
So many baseball players being used as examples to explain how softball players should perform. Especially with so many very capable and successful softball players.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mugs_dad