Rachel Garcia - Analysis of Right Leg AFTER Push off - Leg Adduction

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2018
Clearly? I don't see how you cay make that statement with such confidence given the angle.
Yep - clearly. Same as my other two posts combined...the arm is moving VERY fast. With the hips at the angle she maintains it's not possible to throw toward home without the forearm brushing the hip. This video doesn't do it justice.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
Unless they had two cameras working at the same time on the same pitch, which I doubt, you are looking at 2 different pitches. The pitch with the camera shooting from behind her doesn't have any brush, but the pitch with the camera in front does. It can be that close. Or it can two different types of pitches.

Jan 6, 2018
Unless they had two cameras working at the same time on the same pitch, which I doubt, you are looking at 2 different pitches. The pitch with the camera shooting from behind her doesn't have any brush, but the pitch with the camera in front does. It can be that close. Or it can two different types of pitches.
I don't see a gif in this thread without brush.

Jul 19, 2021
One thing has been proven. Unless it is blatantly obvious and cannot be denied, people see what they want to see. The angle from behind does not conclusively show any brush. It may be there or it may not, but that angle doesn't answer the question.

Jan 6, 2018
One thing has been proven. Unless it is blatantly obvious and cannot be denied, people see what they want to see. The angle from behind does not conclusively show any brush. It may be there or it may not, but that angle doesn't answer the question.
Or people don't see what they don't want to, even when it's right there. I can't pause the gif because I'm a techno idiot but the moving picture clearly shows contact. Yes the stills don't show it well from behind, but ask yourself this:
"What causes her forearm and elbow to move violently away from he body after release?"

Ken's video clip shows it from more than one angle. Keep in mind while the video is good quality, it's tough capture 3 inches if contact for an arm that's moving close to 70 mph.

Jan 6, 2018
See that is an assumption, not something based on visual evidence. So people see what they want to see.
Not an assumption. We have both angles in Ken's video. We know where her arm starts, how fast it's moving, and where the ball goes. But I found the original for you...You want visual evidence here's the whole highlight video: YouTube

Go to the pitch right after the girl gets thrown out at 3rd and about 52 seconds in. Use the > to go frame by frame and go ahead and explain away what her right pocket is doing? Or watch it full speed and tell me she's not hitting herself. Then go ahead and tell me again how it's an "assumption" what happens to her arm after release.

Perfect, beautiful, brush trigger or whatever words you want to use. Or her magical glutes are opening her pocket?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi