Question about Schutt Multi Tee

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
How does the tee attach to the board.With a peg or rod screwed in to the board? I was thinking about building one from plywood.Not sure how to plug or screw tee into board if tee hit by bat would probably break.Thanks

Aug 9, 2011
You are probably correct, I'm not sure ply wood is the way to go. The reason they use heavy duty neoprene or rubber is because of it's ability to bounce back and it has a memory. What that means is: think about the sears tower, if it was rigid and didn't have some sway to it...the force of nature would treat it like "the plywood" and make it crack. You can get them for cheap, I got my heavy duty one from sports authority for $20.00 and it's a three position. You don't really need more than that. You have to also consider how much your time is worth. I'd also check ebay. Good luck...hope this helps.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Thanks for the replys. I made one out of plywood.I used H.Carriers pics of the Swing rite tee with the softball stickers on it.I think Straightleg or maybe Howard posted a pic of it.I painted it and marked the lines like Howards.I'm going to mount 3/4 pipe flanges to the plywood.Then I will screw in varies lengths of 3/4 in. pipe slide pipe insulation over the pipe. Wrap insulstion with duct tape to stiffing it up.I then can place softballs on top of the duct taped insulation pipe. Replace as it gets damaged.Why not just buy one I don't know had a free Sat.I set up my 2 car garage as a hitting area getting ready for the winter here in Pa.Will take pics and post when completed snd let you know how the homemade swing rite tee held up after being used by a softball team of 14u.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom