Question about Letter Writing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 12, 2014
This site has been a god send to me, the information provided here for myself and my daughter have been so invaluable.

This question relates to my previous post about letter writing, most of you have recommended my daughter write all of her correspondences to the coaches. I understand why and she will now be writing them from here on out.

My 14yr old writes a lot different then her 42 yr old father, do I correct her format, grammar & spelling ? I find when I make corrections that my corrections turn the letter into something very stiff & proper.

Just looking for thoughts from everyone..

and thank you all again for all if the great information..!!

Dec 3, 2008
Don't rewrite it, but don't just be a spell check, either. Help her with readability. And do it together. Writing for something you want (versus a literary analysis of To Kill a Mockingbird) are two very different things. It's in her best interest to learn from someone who can write "stiff & proper" about things that will affect her life.

Mar 26, 2013
My 14yr old writes a lot different then her 42 yr old father, do I correct her format, grammar & spelling ? I find when I make corrections that my corrections turn the letter into something very stiff & proper.
Focus on the most obvious errors (e.g. capitalization, punctuation and spelling) and don't interject your style. If you have a good word processor that catches most errors, she can write it there and then copy/paste it into an email.

You can help her establish format and content in the beginning. When she sends out her game schedules, she should provide all the pertinent information so the coaches don't have to look it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nabbott