Queen of the hill drive trainer

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I had another student use it for the first time today... She averaged 52 with the occasional 53 for the first 20 min of upper body work. We then started on the drive. I pulled out the queen, drive off about 20 times without a ball or glove. She started understanding the sprinters posture. By the end of her lesson (1 hr, 20min) she was averaging 53 with several 54 and hit a personal best of 56 once!

Jan 23, 2019
Adjustable

Conceptually the device makes sense to me. If its possible to set it to a level that a pitcher will struggle to get the click then the instant feedback will make them want to push back harder to get the click. The end result is their center of mass drives forward faster. Once they master a level keep upping the bar and its something you can measure against. Seems like twisting the hips or foot, walking off the rubber, and stride leg dominate issues would work against getting the click.

Hey Matt, We include 2 springs....1 for beginners and 1 for advanced strength and weight. We have yet to have a pitcher have the heavy duty spring turned in all the way. Florida, Florida State, Auburn and a bunch more top level pitchers on it and still none that can defeat the Gold heavy duty spring.

Mar 20, 2015
Hey Matt, We include 2 springs....1 for beginners and 1 for advanced strength and weight. We have yet to have a pitcher have the heavy duty spring turned in all the way. Florida, Florida State, Auburn and a bunch more top level pitchers on it and still none that can defeat the Gold heavy duty spring.

If you have another demo I can provide detailed speed results for my DD, her team, and many of the pitchers in our area. :) She is 12U cruises at 51-52 and a max throw at 54. She has a problem twisting her foot as she pushes off. I would be curious if this can cure it.

Mar 20, 2015
I don't think she will be needing the Gold spring. I thought I would say it before someone else did. :)

Apr 28, 2014
BT3100.......it's actually 21lbs and because of the superior powder coating I suppose it will work great as a boat anchor also......just sayin!

Thanks..
Have enough anchors.
But so far so good. My kid likes the QOTH..
She works with some pitchers from our local rec league. We had them using it too. Made a difference!

May 9, 2015
West Virginia
So far I’ve had 2 girls hit 3 mph higher and 4 girls hit 2 mph higher on the QOTH and I can assure you it helps with better drive mechanics because it requires the pitcher to get into a better sprinters start. I would suggest buying a horse stall mat and cutting out for it so it isn’t setting so high up, it makes it much more user friendly in my opinion. Here’s a pic of the set up and I’ll try to put the footage I have of the footwork up later when I get the chance.

6b0b69ea88c006c26d88ddbbc5441b5e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 11, 2010
No need to, in my opinion on a mat, we put it against the rubber, same way outdoors. If you cut out a mat like I did, it fits down in the hole and obviously will not slide.

Is that indoor/outdoor carpet?

If so what adhesive? 3M Super 77 etc?

Looks way nicer than my horse stall mat lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06