PUSH the BAT or PULL the BAT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 29, 2010
Jb, I have been told to ignore you and others, sticks and stones blah blah. I respect Ken and will not flame this. Its not what I said you and doc teach, told lenski if you and others want to break it down be my guest I wont. You been at this a long time, u refute others that you dont understand. U been whipped on skype and u just dont get it. I dont say your wrong all the time, others have too and not at this site only. U dont need to go anywhere? Wasnt aimed at you and members, just those who lurk here and dont post.

Lenski, I know your friends with sl, but you just like causing trouble. Swings are different from slowpitch pitch vs. fast pitch.
Here are a couple of differences, some tomahawk, back side, overlap grip, walk the box (both righties and lefties) Like I said wont hijack thread, just put you on the pay no mind list.

Dec 29, 2010
You just don't get it, if you think what I describe or Doc describes is even remotely like hitting slo-pitch. I just think you are funny. You absolutely do not comprehend a thing I say, yet you say I'm wrong all the time. You say stuff that defies physics and bio-mechanics, yet you think I'M wrong. Cracks me up.

Have read your posts with others, you been whipped and dont even know it. I have seen your swing on the net, it cracks me up. Good day sir.

R

RayR

yup....slow motion video bad.....it leads to people thinking young hitters should work on upper cutting the ball because that's what the pros do....or trying to get to "connection" on every swing....or thinking that hitting a ball out front is bad because most clips show the ball being hit deeper when the video is shot from an angle....heck - dad's are posting clips of their kids hitting off a tee and someone says move the tee deeper inside the front foot and the dad comes back and says the tee was set inside the front foot....

Lenski,

Have you seen the video of Braun showing the hammering down with the top hand demo? where he just takes his top hand and turns the top hand palm up as he takes the hand down? If so, I have something I hope you would try. Stand up and do exactly what he is doing. No shoulder movement, no leg movement. Just keep doing it up and down. Now while doing it up and down, add in the shoulder tilt and the legs. What happens? If you do it correctly you should end up with a pretty good looking swing.

There is a reason they practice what they practice.

You talk about going against the status quo. I will really go against the status quo on my next statement. In fact I will get chastised by just about everyone on all forums. Here it goes. One of the biggest things that is screwing up young kids swings is slow motion video. Reason is, we can actually see what is happening in the swing. Instead of what we think is happening. MLB players and elite hitters practice hitting down on the ball. Staying on top of the ball. Creating as short and as quick of a swing as possible. That practice has created the greatest swings ever.

Now we can see that they aren't really doing what they think they are doing. So what do we non players try to teach? We try to teach what we see in slow motion. Now we get kids who have long loopy swings that attack from below the ball. I see it all the time.

The thing is, the pros keep working on what got them there and they continue to succeed. Why would you change what is successful?

May 16, 2010
Have read your posts with others, you been whipped and dont even know it. I have seen your swing on the net, it cracks me up. Good day sir.

Good day to you also. It would be a waste of both of our time to debate here. However, I will say that not ONCE has anyone ever been able to prove what I say is wrong, backed up with any credible scientific facts. Sure, plenty say they disagree, but they can never back up their disagreement with any facts. They only continue to state their opinion. I haven't been whipped, and most of those swings were me doing trials of the crap people were saying to do. Which proves how wrong they are.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619