PSA: Need a new glove? I found some great prices.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Feb 14, 2014
OMG! The glove came in today, and I can’t even begin to describe how nice the leather is. First of all, it comes with its own bag like designer handbags do—guys, this may be a way to justify how much you spend on gloves to your wife . Second, dd11 has told multiple people today that I’m obsessed with her new glove because she caught me smelling and stroking the leather. In my defense, I grew up riding horses, and I associate the smell of leather with lots of happy childhood memories .

Anyway, now I just have to work up the nerve to break it in , so dd can use it (and probably make it smell all funky).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
OMG! The glove came in today, and I can’t even begin to describe how nice the leather is. First of all, it comes with its own bag like designer handbags do—guys, this may be a way to justify how much you spend on gloves to your wife . Second, dd11 has told multiple people today that I’m obsessed with her new glove because she caught me smelling and stroking the leather. In my defense, I grew up riding horses, and I associate the smell of leather with lots of happy childhood memories .

Anyway, now I just have to work up the nerve to break it in , so dd can use it (and probably make it smell all funky).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congratulations, very oil infused leather, don’t put any oil, shaving cream, conditioner, or any other product on it yet, wait several months until it starts looking and feeling dry. No steam or heat either, break it in by playing good old catch and using a mallet or dumbbell to pound the break points.

Mar 4, 2018
NorCal
Any idea of the benifits of the GGE70FPV vs the GGE70FP (black & white)???

Same glove other than the tan one having “VOP” leather which is hand oiled and put through a vibration process. Picked up a black GGE10FP 12.5” for DD2 to use as a utility when she’s not catching. Very nice glove! Paid $79.99 when Mizuno was clearing them out on their ebay store. Should’ve bought one in each size! Haha!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi