PSA: Need a new glove? I found some great prices.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Kenzie’s next mitt Optimus VM! Will you donate to my go fund me??!! ;)

Here's you a Nolan Arenado in Timberglaze leather, probably the closest to Vinci's Optimus brown, you and your DD can somewhat match:D

Attachments

• 17663343_1800057766978781_5983719067800829952_n.jpg
    17663343_1800057766978781_5983719067800829952_n.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 128
  • PRO12-6TI.jpg
    PRO12-6TI.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 125

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Jdaddy, there’s been some great prices on Global Elites for a while now, I’ve put a GGE11 in the cart several times, but the Global Elite and the $500/$600 Pro Limited’s shouldn’t be used in the same sentence, NO comparison!! True Japanese perfection!

The Gold Rawlings are on the same level.

But I do agree, that Gloves are the one thing Mizuno still does well. They kinda wrecked their bat product with their strategy...but
they make some very nice gloves and I wouldn't hesistate to own one if I found one I liked.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
The Gold Rawlings are on the same level.

But I do agree, that Gloves are the one thing Mizuno still does well. They kinda wrecked their bat product with their strategy...but
they make some very nice gloves and I wouldn't hesistate to own one if I found one I liked.

Well, monetarily they're on the same level.......I'm a huge Rawlings fan but I've never personally seen or held a Gold before and I don't know anyone who owns one either. Just my opinion, but I think the Gold was Rawlings attempt to compete directly with the Mizuno Pro Limited series. I really see no point in buying a Gold series unless you just really love spending money? And at $499, no thanks! Why would anyone spend that much when you can get a fully custom Heart of the Hide for $300? And for that $200 less you can get options like rough split welting instead of that hand sewn welting. You also get leather, web, lace, welting, stitch & embroidery, patch & logo color choice options as well. And now that Rawlings is starting to release some Horween models again, I'd choose a $249/$259 retail HOH over a Gold model every day! But to your point, I'm sure it's a very nice glove:cool:

As far as a Mizuno glove you'd like......have you seen or held a Pro Select yet? They're directly inline with HOH's and A2000's!!
https://www.mizunousa.com/product/baseball-gps1bk-700dh-pro-select-12.75.do

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Jdaddy, you still use a glove a lot? You should order yourself a custom Heart of the Hide, it’ll really open your eyes!
I’ve got a 33 year old 13” Wilson A1000 fastback, lol! If it holds up two more years, I doubt I’ll ever put another one on, unless Kenzie just wants to have a catch.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I’ve got a 33 year old 13” Wilson A1000 fastback, lol! If it holds up two more years, I doubt I’ll ever put another one on, unless Kenzie just wants to have a catch.

"have a catch".......love it!
See, I'm just the opposite, when Anna goes off to college, I think I'm going to coach a local 12U team. 12U was always the "funnest" years to me! Or I may become the dreaded umpire!!:cool:

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
"have a catch".......love it!
See, I'm just the opposite, when Anna goes off to college, I think I'm going to coach a local 12U team. 12U was always the "funnest" years to me! Or I may become the dreaded umpire!!:cool:
I’ve thought about coaching again. There’s just a whole lot of fish that really want me to catch them. :) I may get back into fly fishing, although I don’t have the eyes to get out the “fly bench” and vise again. You’re right the 12’s were the funnest age group. You can really teach them a lot at 11 & 12.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Well, monetarily they're on the same level.......I'm a huge Rawlings fan but I've never personally seen or held a Gold before and I don't know anyone who owns one either. Just my opinion, but I think the Gold was Rawlings attempt to compete directly with the Mizuno Pro Limited series. I really see no point in buying a Gold series unless you just really love spending money? And at $499, no thanks! Why would anyone spend that much when you can get a fully custom Heart of the Hide for $300? And for that $200 less you can get options like rough split welting instead of that hand sewn welting. You also get leather, web, lace, welting, stitch & embroidery, patch & logo color choice options as well. And now that Rawlings is starting to release some Horween models again, I'd choose a $249/$259 retail HOH over a Gold model every day! But to your point, I'm sure it's a very nice glove:cool:

As far as a Mizuno glove you'd like......have you seen or held a Pro Select yet? They're directly inline with HOH's and A2000's!!
https://www.mizunousa.com/product/baseball-gps1bk-700dh-pro-select-12.75.do

I am stuck in my ways with gloves...I have used the same type glove for about 15 years and when they stopped making them, I bought 3 to store in my house.
I am on my last one though. Some people don't like mine because its a heavier leather...but I like it. I like to know when I throw the glove out, I can feel it and know
the glove wont rip. I pitch slowpitch and see them go by me at triple digit speeds. I like a sturdy glove. I also don't like the fancy webbing stuff. They look nice, but fixing
is another story...haha. My glove retailed for 89.99...so I don't use any awesome price tagged glove.

On to the glove, honestly, if you never held a gold, then you cant really say its not worth it compared to other 500 buck gloves. I wouldn't pay 500 for any glove so my take personally is diff...haha, but people are talking about other Mizuno gloves retailing for more and how good they are. So 499 for a gold, is on par or better. Im not saying I would pay 499 over a HOH either...we are just talking quality and price tags is all. Heck, I know Wilson had a glove that retailed for like 700 a few years back...never felt it as I would never use one and there was no way I could seriously convince somebody to buy one...but Im sure it was nice...haha :). Heck, I couldn't convince somebody to buy a Gold or some 500 dollar Mizuno.
So I absolutely agree with you about better bang for the buck with gloves. No argument here.

Gloves also have nice markups, the higher the price tag goes the more room you have. Your cheaper ones have little to no room, but your 5-600 dollar gloves...plenty of room to play with to move a glove.

If I had local buyers, I would sell 1000 HOH's a year for the price I would sell them for. I may have to move on to one after my current glove goes away on me.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2014
Thanks for the post! I bought dd11 a new one. She started complaining last week that her fielding glove is “too floppy.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi