proud momma moment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2010
Oklahoma
We have been watching all the Super Regional Games this weekend.

My 14 month old points to the tv and says "wassat".
My friend says "softball"
My baby then says "baftball" and claps her hands.

Future softball player on my hands, I tell ya!! She is already excited about watching softball!!!!

:D

Mar 13, 2010
I think it's time to start training. Catching and throwing should be a good start for now. You can start pitching lessons at two! ;-)

Oct 13, 2010
Oklahoma
I don't want a pitcher, too much stress! I'll just stick with intense fielding and throwing practice. Oh but she has got to learn to swing that bat correctly. She has a really poor batting stance currently.

Mar 15, 2010
Time to replace your baby's rattle with a Rocketech!

I was thinking about starting my future DD off with the K-Series when she is 2 and then move to the RT when she is older, say t-ball age. K Series has a 28 drop 11 which will probably be easier to handle at 2 than the RT which starts at 30 drop 10.

Despite extensive research I am still not sure what is the ideal pitching machine speed for a 2 year old. I was thinking 55 but I don't want her to get used to too slow of pitching.

Oct 13, 2010
Oklahoma
I was thinking about starting my future DD off with the K-Series when she is 2 and then move to the RT when she is older, say t-ball age. K Series has a 28 drop 11 which will probably be easier to handle at 2 than the RT which starts at 30 drop 10.

Despite extensive research I am still not sure what is the ideal pitching machine speed for a 2 year old. I was thinking 55 but I don't want her to get used to too slow of pitching.

Make sure you do what the father of Mariah Gearhart from Oklahoma State did. he set up the pitching machine and taught his DD how to take a pitch. She currently leads the NCAA with 91 HBP. Might want to start it a bit slower than 55, especially considering your newest DD's age. Your wife may not appreciate that very well.

Oct 13, 2010
Oklahoma
Vplaysball.jpg

see....I gotta fix this.

Mar 13, 2010
Ugh, that won't do at all. She is far beyond the age where she should be gripping the bat properly. It might be time to start her training for an hour three times a week. If she doesn't get it, laps.

(OMG SO CUTE!)

Mar 13, 2010
Ugh, that won't do at all. She is far beyond the age where she should be gripping the bat properly. It might be time to start her training for an hour three times a week. If she doesn't get it, laps.

(OMG SO CUTE!)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA