Proud Dad and Daughter

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

KCM

Mar 8, 2012
South Carolina
Yesterday was her last game for her JV team at her current school. With private school she was able to start playing in 6th grade and is now in the 9th. As her last game it was mine also before moving to another level of coaching.

2 years ago the last game of the season was the first time she took the circle. She was just a relief pitcher with only about 6 months of lessons under her belt but she waited for her chance patiently learning from our more experienced pitcher. Granted she took the circle while we had 3 innings left and a score of 13-2. She finished off with a few strike outs as I remember but lots of fielder choice outs. Game ended at 20-5.

Well yesterday we faced the same school only difference is she is the starting pitcher and only pitcher since our back up broke her foot. Ended the game 15-0 in three innings, a no hitter with 6 strike outs, no walks, no dead balls just bringing the heat. She said she had no time to play around yesterday, it was hot and she had a rec game to go to (now that is another story). She had two triples in the game and stole home once.

Lots of high fives, tears from other coaching staff, AD talked to her and she will be presented with a nice plaque for helping bring region champs to the JV squad for the first time ever at our athletic banquet.

Then off to rec (why do I do this I have no clue than for the love of the game as so does she). Our team consists of 14 players (3 too many) but only 5 actually know the game. I let another girl start the game, she is a great little pitcher and does well...to bad our defense did not play as well as her. My daughter talks to her about throwing a little differently, it worked and they agreed to switch with my permission. Well we are at bat DD is up with no one on....and there it is a home run hit. She then backed it up on relief only allowing one more run but we still lost by that one run.

DD was one her game yesterday and she is now ready to go tell her TB team tonight (yes three teams at one time, what a juggling game). Tonight is the night to earn position desired.

So a major mile stone for my daughter. Next mile stone is she gets to go to China in June to teach sport's camps at a village school (softball and basketball). She is stoked needless to say. I am one proud Daddy for the Lord blessing her with the ability to be smart, kind, helpful, always seeking the positive, listening to mentors and just being a great kid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1