Proud Dad!...2012 Loras College Alumni Game

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Simo

Former High School Coach
May 26, 2008
Dunkerton Iowa
Some of you out there will remember me from the old "Fastpitch Forum" whose members eventually started this fine Fastpitch page. My daughter Laura played at Loras in the IIAC from 1997-2000. She pitched them to their first national ranking in 1998 and received many conference and regional honors. This weekend she and her old catcher (Brandy) from that era (she is 34 and her catcher is 36) returned for the Alumni game during homecoming week. She was a bit apprehensive, but got into the game during the 3rd inning a pitched the final 3 innings of the 5 inning game. The results were 3 scoreless innings, 5 strikeouts and one hit. It was great to watch her in action in what will probably be the last time that I ever see her compete in this great game. I was one proud dad and the current team definitely was impressed with her effort. Brandy called the game perfectly and they were on the same page from the first pitch. In fact when Laura threw her first, Brandy heard some of the girls in the dugout go "whoa"! Sorry to ramble on, but for those of you still in the game. Enjoy every minute. It is such a brief moment in your life and goes by so fast.

Attachments

• Laura and Brandy at Alumni Game.JPG
    Laura and Brandy at Alumni Game.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 35
  • on mound gathering.JPG
    on mound gathering.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 27
  • Pre game.JPG
    Pre game.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Laura Pitching.JPG
    Laura Pitching.JPG