Protective gear for pitchers

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2015
Haha, I think that might impede her performance.

Like I said, not the bubble wrap type by any means ;) She's a brand new pitcher and this will be not only her first year pitching, but also her first year playing A ball. So I'm a tad nervous!

Apr 7, 2012
My 10U DD always wears the facemask. She also wears the Evo Chest protector.. doesnt bother her at all. she also wears the Evo shin guards.. at first she didnt like them, but after one game, she forgot she even had them on. :)

Nov 18, 2013
Face masks are a good idea for a 10U pitcher. Several studies have shown chest protectors don't work as claimed. Shin guards? Maybe for soccer. Elbow pads aren't really necessary until girls get older.

Aug 6, 2013
If she frowns on the mask, at the very least a mouth guard

If your DD Frowns on a face mask at 10U get her one any way –
I don’t want to start THE Face mask discussion AGAIN but… My daughter nailed a pitcher in the head over the weekend with a line drive that would have gone to the fence. It ricocheted off the girl’s mask, took her off her feet like she was shot but no real damage.
She was shaken up – and I’ll assume a headache (I also assume they did the concussion protocol) but if she had had no mask this would be a different post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SecOnd in Comand