Protective gear for pitchers

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 7, 2013
A few years ago I noticed the trend towards woman/girl softball players going from shorts to long pants. A very intelligent trend IMHO. More recently, I've noticed a trend towards fastpitch players wearing face masks more and more often. Not as a decided of a trend as going from shorts to pants but definitely happening all the same.

Mar 20, 2012
Sacramento, CA
One of the most fun things about softball is showing off the lace marks in a nice big bruise. It's like a badge of honor. Why would you want to take that away from them with a bunch of padding?

Jun 12, 2015
One of the most fun things about softball is showing off the lace marks in a nice big bruise. It's like a badge of honor. Why would you want to take that away from them with a bunch of padding?

She's definitely gotten to do this before. Only it was her coach that hit her, oops. lol

Nov 18, 2013

DD was at an awards thing this spring with a bunch of other softball players. The girls were all dolled up in pretty dresses with makeup and their hair done. Afterwards they were all pulling up their dresses to compare bruises and scrapes. It was pretty funny

Jun 14, 2011
Field of Dreams
that is so my DD too- always showing off the latest scrape- she is 18U now -
stopped wearing her mask when she went to 18U and I have not been able to get her to go back to it :(- I was going to try the new titanium mask as it is lighter, so I haven't given up on it yet- but when she goes to college she is going to do what she wants so I don't force it now.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SecOnd in Comand