Pro swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 26, 2011
By no means am I promoting this , just ran acrossed it today on the net and thought it might bring up some interesting comments.

Go to proswingusa.com

Isnt this going against what is being mostly taught ?

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
"that will teach hitters to bring their hands to the ball on the correct swing plane". That statement and it looks like it teaches you swing down on the ball. Not sure about this but my first reaction is you are right.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
2l9635g.gif

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Even when I taught linear, so to speak, we didn't do this.

I noticed that some of the hitters are hitting correctly, despite the apparatus, not because of it.

And $200.00? I think not, all I need is some pvc pipe and even I could make this. I, too, wondered about turning it around.

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
Comical...look at the best shots that are taken off actual soft toss in the video. They are the girl with the red top and black pants and she takes a completely different swing plane than the device promotes. Then when she hits a line drive using a different swing plane the guys in the background go..."Niiiccccee..whoooooooo!"

Jul 26, 2010
Egad. This is almost as bad as the guy trying to sell a T with a light in it so the batter would have a "visual reference point" to tell them if they successfully hit the ball off the T.

Maybe, and I'm stretching it here, if it were taller and adjustable, and much longer, you could use this to teach slappers to keep their front shoulder down. That's the only time I advocate keeping a chopping angle. . . and that's only for a few types of slapping on hard infield surfaces, certainly not powerslapping.

-W

Jul 26, 2010
I'm still trying to figure out what the heck the batter is doing with his front foot. I think that field is riddled with cleat-eating spiders.

-W

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole