Prayers Needed- Coach Dave Weaver

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 12, 2009
Kansas City
For all of our softball friends that know of catching instructor Dave Weaver, I want to ask for your prayers. Coach Weaver has been battling colon cancer for over a year now. He has been doing pretty well but this weekend entered the hospital with severe complications regarding his digestive tract. His family has requested "emergency prayers."

Coach Weaver has been very influential in the catching community across the country with clinics as well as mentoring local instruction.

Your prayers are coveted and greatly appreciated. Thank you, Chaz Wood in KC

Jul 19, 2008
I saw this on a Facebook post this morning. I hope things get better for him soon. I have talked with him several times on facebook and he is a great guy, always willing to help. He needs to beat this crap soon!

Jul 19, 2008
Just read another facebook post stating they found another cancerous tumor on the otherr side of his colon and more details will come tomorrow.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
I saw him (but didn't talk to him) a couple weeks ago. he was giving a lesson while I was there with DD for a pitching lesson. I thought it was a good sign that he was back in the saddle.

May 27, 2011
Prayers do work, I am a leukemia survivor and though I have not met dave my thoughts and prayers are with him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes