Practicing Hitting a Baseball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
The way things are working out 10U DD will be spending more of the off season hitting a baseball then a softball. Any big downside to this?

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Perfect thanks.

The biggest difference I see is her bat will bounce back a little bit when hitting a softball and the arc of the pitch comes in a little bit differently.

Jul 26, 2010
At that age, hitting anything is good. Baseballs, golfballs, lima beans, their little brother, whatever it takes to get them to swing the bat.

-W

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I am sure there are, my biggest concern was the bat recoil. To the point of contact is fine as soon as contact is made the bat moves back with a softball, baseball it goes right thru. It is like hitting a tennis ball for her, it just doesn’t have any mass behind it.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
I am sure there are, my biggest concern was the bat recoil. To the point of contact is fine as soon as contact is made the bat moves back with a softball, baseball it goes right thru. It is like hitting a tennis ball for her, it just doesn’t have any mass behind it.

Throw it faster if you are concerned or have her swing a heavier baseball bat instead of a softball bat.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I wonder how fast a baseball would need to be to have her bat recoil, not sure if it would make a difference if she was using a baseball or softball bat.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
That is great to know, thanks.

She does have a practice bat the same size as her game bat so we shold be good,the composite bat is stored inside the house so it makes things easy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi