Potential Team Mutiny; Horrible Assistant Coach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 6, 2015
Not sure if this is meant to be snarky or not, but I suspect that is what will happen. The original AC's wife is actually a coach herself and could easily step in. It needs to be someone who is adept at calling pitches if HC were to be out, so there needs to be some skill there (I know I certainly couldn't do that never having played ball before).

let the Catcher call the pitches. they have been relaying signals for some time now, and probably have a pretty good idea of what to call when, and especially what each P in the rotation has / doesnt have

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
let the Catcher call the pitches. they have been relaying signals for some time now, and probably have a pretty good idea of what to call when, and especially what each P in the rotation has / doesnt have

Yep, my DD is the primary catcher for the team and she could definitely do this by now. She has a good understanding of each of the 4 pitchers and their strengths and weak spots.

Nov 18, 2015
I'd make an exception for the very young girls and teams. There are many times when games are treated like practice because you just haven't had enough practices yet.

At the rec level, (K-4th grade), if I never offered mid-game (mid-AB!) instructions, my teams contact % would plummet. Spending 45 minutes a week on hitting just isn't long enough to ingrain more than the basics. And if this is their 1st or 2nd season playing, you're lucky if they even have the basics down.

Can't really remember how this topic relates anymore to a team mutiny, but I'm sure there's a link in there somewhere... 🤷‍♂️

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
At the rec level, (K-4th grade), if I never offered mid-game (mid-AB!) instructions, my teams contact % would plummet. Spending 45 minutes a week on hitting just isn't long enough to ingrain more than the basics. And if this is their 1st or 2nd season playing, you're lucky if they even have the basics down.

Can't really remember how this topic relates anymore to a team mutiny, but I'm sure there's a link in there somewhere... 🤷‍♂️

Because a number of parents were about to walk from the team if the guy remained an AC. People were really upset about it.

Oct 4, 2018
Because a number of parents were about to walk from the team if the guy remained an AC. People were really upset about it.

I hope the people spoke up. We had a parent pipe up from the bleachers once in one game and we had a talk with him and told him he wouldn't be allowed at games if it kept up. If an AC kept doing this we'd boot them quickly.

Nov 18, 2015
Sorry for the confusion - I was trying to acknowledge how off-topic our recent replies were to your original post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad