Possible move from GA to AZ. How do I find teams?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 10, 2012
USA
We are looking at a possible move from Georgia to the Tempe/Mesa/Chandler/Gilbert area of Arizona. We would remain in Georgia for the rest of this school year. DD is on a first year 16U team here. She takes hitting lessons at a reputable place here. She will be a high school sophomore when we make the move. I'm wondering how easy it is to find a new facility for lessons and where would we go for tryout info once we get there. Nervous about how she will fit in when we get there.

Dec 10, 2012
USA
Thank you. The job is in Chandler, so I am almost positive we will move to Chandler or Gilbert. We are undecided yet about the moving her away from her high school team, as we know nothing about the teams there.

Thank you again. I will start looking at the boards, though we would not be moving for 8-10 months from now.

Jun 22, 2008
Plenty of good high school teams in the Chandler and Gilbert area. AIAonline.org is the interscholastic association here. With a little seraching on their website you can find the records of the various schools in that area. Mesa is just north of the Chandler and Gilbert area where Red Mountain high school is located. I believe Red Mountain has won back to back state softball championships and has been a powerhouse for a number of years.

Most of the teams on the West coast play Premier and Triple Crown.
I would go to there tournament sites and see what teams are signed up and start my research like that. Then just start calling and asking questions. Just my opinion!!

My sister lives in Chandler and it was a great place...I made the mistake when I was younger and asked the waiter for "sweet tea" and he laughed at me and said "I guess your from the south?" Just a little Southern humor:)

Dec 27, 2011
opposite problem I just moved to Savannah GA from Mesa, AZ Need a 16u team

We are looking at a possible move from Georgia to the Tempe/Mesa/Chandler/Gilbert area of Arizona. We would remain in Georgia for the rest of this school year. DD is on a first year 16U team here. She takes hitting lessons at a reputable place here. She will be a high school sophomore when we make the move. I'm wondering how easy it is to find a new facility for lessons and where would we go for tryout info once we get there. Nervous about how she will fit in when we get there.

opposite problem just moved from Mesa, AZ to Savannah Ga
Need to find 16U team Anyhelp

also 43ft board is biggest resource in AZ. Take from me I was a Coach in AZ for 6 years

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves