Insight from using the one-knee-down receiving stance.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Does she throw to 2nd from the knees or get up to throw? Also, is she careful to not go down on the knee until the ball has been thrown?

I'd say majority of the time she gets up to throw. She has one pitcher that she almost exclusively catches knee down (drop ball pitcher). Remainder she drops on the knee when released. Alot of it seems to do with her comfort with the pitcher too.

Jul 19, 2021
I'd say majority of the time she gets up to throw.
Doesn't being on one knee negatively affect her pop time? Having to get up off of one knee to throw versus being able to spring up out of a normal stance seems counter productive to someone like me that's not familiar with the position.

Doesn't being on one knee negatively affect her pop time? Having to get up off of one knee to throw versus being able to spring up out of a normal stance seems counter productive to someone like me that's not familiar with the position.
My DD is a smaller girl. Does it affect her times...probably but not as much than if she were a bigger girl I feel like. But I've told her countless times if shes on the knee to just throw from there. But like most of our daughters here she's hardheaded as a mule. She does get up pretty quick though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802