Pop up tent suggestions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 10, 2012
USA
My 10x10 pop up tent has died after 4 softball seasons and numerous trips to the beach. We even took it to a few football games and car shows. Any suggestions on a replacement?

Jul 26, 2010
The same type of ez-up. 12x12 are too big and bulky, in my opinion. Big5 always has a big sale at the end of the summer and you can get the 10x10's for $39. You may be able to find one on sale still until the spring gets here.

-W

Oct 2, 2012
EZ-Up. For the price of the 10x10 a few seasons worth of use is great. I think I bought mine 4 yrs ago for $59 and it's still plugging along.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Over the years we have tried different sizes, styles and brands and have come to the conclusion that the cheap 10x10 tents are the way to go. They are lighter, easier to set up, and when it breaks you throw it away and buy another one.

Apr 16, 2013
If you want something built with quality then get the EZ-UP brand. As has been said, if it gets knocked over and you're ok with tossing it, get the cheapest crap you can find. With EZ-UP though, you get a solid product. Had mine for 6 years now. Also, you can order any parts that get broken. It is bulkier and heavier, for sure, but that's because, again... solid product.

Apr 5, 2009
NE Kansas
I think using the sports umbrella should require you to be accommodating so that you aren't blocking everybody else's view. At least you can see under/thru the pop ups.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I think using the sports umbrella should require you to be accommodating so that you aren't blocking everybody else's view. At least you can see under/thru the pop ups.

Typically, we sit in lawn chairs and down the line. I always consider others. At times, we have sat on the top row of the bleachers at some of the college games and made our little fort with the sports umbrella. Heck, last year it was so cold that people huddled in front of us because our umbrella blocked the wind some. What a lot of people don't think of is how easy this is to carry if there are only two or three of you and you don't have to provide shade or rain protection for many others. Also, you can set it at angles depending upon how much rain is falling and can lower it down some so that you can stay very dry inside. Typically in those cases, we use bungee cords to help attach it to a fence.

Jan 17, 2013
Texas
image.jpg

Summit series. Lift both sides up and the entire team can fit under it. Makes it about 22ft to 24ft of shade in the summer. Summit series with double canopies.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877