Poor sportsmanship

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 17, 2008
Southern California
It's obvious to my eyes that this catcher has done this before.
With regards to the second time it happens to #4 I cannot say that I would have been as restrained as that young lady. Bravo to her.. She is a better woman than I was at that age.

Nov 3, 2012
I was at the game as my daughter plays for Huffman. The rap is deserved due to her actions. I wish this wasn't the case. I don't know this girl and now due to her actions there are going to consequences. Luckily none or our players were seriously injured. My question for you is, if this would have happened to your daughter the first time how would you feel and how would your daughter and her teammates have responded?

Only see these short clips. Looks like your DD team didnt overreact and thought handled the situation well. Looked like they were focused on a championship. What happened after the second girl went down? Did your coach get on the Ump, or did she realize what had really transpired. Just curious if everybody shook hands at the end of the game. I would have been a little worried walking by the catcher myself with just shaking hands.

Jun 9, 2015
could you please share the conversation between the two teams parents. i am a parent of the team that the girsl were taken out. there were no fights in the stands between the parents.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I will say that she is way too good at this move. I mean, this is text book for what she wanted to accomplish. I wonder how many other times she's done this?

Agreed. It looks very practiced. She appears to know just how much she needs to brace herself to get the runners bouncing off like pinballs.

Sep 24, 2013
Midwest
View attachment 8328
Picture from the article on chron.com

Parents are saying that the 3rd base coach and the player in the background were yelling for the runner to "run her over" (Catcher) and at that moment the runner changed her direction by 3 feet and put her arms up. The parents say the catcher heard this and defended herself.

The same conversations say that both sides were playing "rough" and the umpires allowed it as they saw it as physical play by two determined teams.

Not my words or opinion-just more info that is out there that we may never know is true or not.

Being we weren't there we are ALL taking this out of context and should not judge so harshly based on limited information and a snapshot in time. There are two sides to every story and we will never really have all the truth as outsiders.

Careful to judge a child

Again I know nothing of the teams etc-I just did a little more than watch a short video and argue on a forum that I had to be right.

Jun 9, 2015
the ump finally talked to the other coach and she went back to her bucket. then the ump instructed her to talk to her catcher.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Parents are saying that the 3rd base coach and the player in the background were yelling for the runner to "run her over" (Catcher) and at that moment the runner changed her direction by 3 feet and put her arms up. The parents say the catcher heard this and defended herself.

The same conversations say that both sides were playing "rough" and the umpires allowed it as they saw it as physical play by two determined teams.

Not my words or opinion-just more info that is out there that we may never know is true or not.

Being we weren't there we are ALL taking this out of context and should not judge so harshly based on limited information and a snapshot in time. There are two sides to every story and we will never really have all the truth as outsiders.

Careful to judge a child

Again I know nothing of the teams etc-I just did a little more than watch a short video and argue on a forum that I had to be right.

Nsanesoftball -

You were the only one on DFP (so far) who was at the game. From what you witnessed, how much truth is there in the bolded statements above?

Jun 24, 2010
Mississippi

Careful to judge a child

Not I. It's clear as day to me that the catcher did, not 1, but 2 cheap shots. I don't need a context, it's all there in a video, not just a snapshot.

Nov 3, 2012

Careful to judge a child

I dont see either girl put their arms up. And on changing direction it looks like the girls rounded 3rd and were taking a path that brought them to the back part of the plate. The second girl looks she even reacted at last second to move away from the catcher. Their is a difference between playing rough and assaulting somebody. I think why such a spectacle is because you don't see this ever, and a girl does it twice in an inning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi