political help needed

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 19, 2012
I don't remember ever having or seeing a problem with a pitcher or catcher or both with a slow pace during games. Now, coaches calling pitches, that's another story.

Sep 24, 2013
Midwest
Head coach hasn't said anything to me. This came from his assistant who said that they'd talked about it.

A quality coach would discuss potential improvements with the player. If this didn't happen I recommend your DD discuss what she can do to improve with the coach.

The answer she gets will tell you if you are dealing with a reasonable person.

If you are not dealing with a reasonable person your out of luck and will have to tough it out and make the best of it. As long as You DD is happy you need to be happy for her.

May 21, 2012
I'm a firm believer in let everything play out.... Someone may have a bad day... Another may not have the stamina needed to get through a weekend tournament... Let your daughter prove herself to be the go to girl..

One weekend tournment my daughter was just having an off day... (I mean bad - pulled in the second inning in the semi-finals). The coach lost a lot of faith in my daughter as we were a new team and he didn't have a lot of exposure to her ability. The following weekend, she proved herself on Saturday by striking everyone out in the 3 innings she pitched. The next day, both the other pitchers were having a bad day due to lots of injuries. Even though my daughter was hit by 2 different pitches, she still had her groove. She bailed out both pitchers that day. The coach even commented she was his go to girl that day and said thank you. She earned his respect back.

Now that everyone has been playing together for a while, I think we lost that whole competition thing. They are a team... They need each other.... Each pitcher brings a little something different to the team... It's not about who gets more innings (there are plenty to go around) but it's about who can get the job done that day...

Also note my daughter is usually paired up with the 2nd catcher not our 1st catcher. I think it has to do with my DD having more control on the ball. You RARELY ever see a wild pitch from my DD but note - she's not as fast as the other two pitchers. Again - they all bring a little something to the table... It's why we are a team...

Let us know how it all plays out...

(note: my DD is 12u club player)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors