Please help with swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Eric Baquol

TerpPride
Aug 15, 2015
Please help with swing *updated link

First, I've tried uploading the video and couldn't get it to upload. I tried changing the length and quality, but still didn't work. I put the link to the YouTube upload below.

My daughter is a 2019 and has played travel ball for a few years. She has gotten stronger over the last 6 months and is hitting the ball fairly hard, but I know she could do a lot better. I've gotten her as far as I can to this point. I know her follow through/extension could be better. Also, I believe she isn't using her lower body as much as she needs to. Any feedback would be extremely helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l232x37iAy8

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2015
A hitter can activate the lower half muscles cognitively by doing "drills" but the fastest most effective way to ensure the brain knows the correct firing sequence is to train using a V-Flex hitting system. The nerves leading to the lower extremities are very long and require a more intense signal to activate. The primary objective is to activate ocular-motor regions of the brain without cognitive interference. Create a better learning environment for her by manipulating what her brain is processing. You can alter her physical mechanics by altering what her brain is perceiving. Keep it simple Train Hitters to Swing at Strikes. Corrective lens 5.jpg

Attachments

• Stunners 5.jpg
    Stunners 5.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 108

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
A hitter can activate the lower half muscles cognitively by doing "drills" ...The nerves leading to the lower extremities are very long and require a more intense signal to activate. The primary objective is to activate ocular-motor regions of the brain without cognitive interference. Create a better learning environment for her by manipulating what her brain is processing. You can alter her physical mechanics by altering what her brain is perceiving. Keep it simple

You forgot ulnar septum deviation and humerus distal labradocious Laplace transform undulation of the finite matterdaddy. keep it simple though...killing me....

Is FFS selling stuff under a pseudonym here or what?

Eric Baquol

TerpPride
Aug 15, 2015
Eric- What issues are you seeing in her results that make you think she can do a lot better? Swing wise there is nothing In this swing that would prohibit her from doing extremely well.

I think maybe I just watch to many videos and try to breakdown it down so much. I've never posted any videos of her or had her with a hitting coach. Everything has been from her and I working on it through tee work mostly. We just moved back out to So Cal a few weeks ago and I'm just trying to get some other eyes on her swing before the fall season starts out here soon. Thanks.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
What are her results though? I am of the philosophy that once a swing is functional without major flaws that the ball will tell you what you need to fix. Is she hitting gap to gap? Can she adjust to offspeed? Can she hit with good power throughout the zone? Is she often late to contact? Does she hit a lot of popups? Does she do well against the best pitching she faces?

Some of the eyes on this forum can get a dad fixing things that just are not broke. Other eyes will point out some great stuff to work on so caveat emptor.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
tumblr_nt6nb1tm7t1usf292o1_540.gif

tumblr_nt6np4dWEG1usf292o1_540.gif

Good swing. Could it get/be better of course. It wouldn't be the technical hitting forum if I didn't say that.
I see Shift THEN Swing.....I would like to see Shift AND Swing.
Again JMHO.

Last edited:

Eric Baquol

TerpPride
Aug 15, 2015
What are her results though? I am of the philosophy that once a swing is functional without major flaws that the ball will tell you what you need to fix. Is she hitting gap to gap? Can she adjust to offspeed? Can she hit with good power throughout the zone? Is she often late to contact? Does she hit a lot of popups? Does she do well against the best pitching she faces?

Some of the eyes on this forum can get a dad fixing things that just are not broke. Other eyes will point out some great stuff to work on so caveat emptor.

She is usually gap to gap since this spring season. Before that she was late to contact the majority of the time. She doesn't hit many pop ups. Usually line drives or on the ground. She played up this year with 16u (she is 13). She had some adjustments to make as she was facing middle school pitching before that when all the other girls were coming from high school. The last 3 tournaments they played in were 18u (not gold) and she did extremely well.

After practice last night, which was the video that's posted, I was hoping we would see something that stood out that maybe her and I could work on to maybe get even a little more out of her swing.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom