Playing up..... accept it or deny it?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 29, 2009
I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but I believe if you found your daughter a competitive TB team (near Chicago you have plenty of options) she would gain much more than what any school softball could offer.

Unfortunately, there are not too many options where they are at. They are not a local suburb of the city. The area is more rural. There are some teams around there but they would require quite a bit of travel for team functions for anything close to the city. Right now the better teams have their rosters filled. It is the 3rd and 4th tier teams who are looking for players. Unless, she can pitch. Almost every team is willing to add another pitcher.

Jul 9, 2009
IL
Unfortunately, there are not too many options where they are at. They are not a local suburb of the city. The area is more rural. There are some teams around there but they would require quite a bit of travel for team functions for anything close to the city. Right now the better teams have their rosters filled. It is the 3rd and 4th tier teams who are looking for players. Unless, she can pitch. Almost every team is willing to add another pitcher.

It's possible those teams may be the best fit?

Look around Plainfied and Manteno if your daughter is interested. I do know at least 1 girl from your hometown played for the River Valley Rage last year. It is a little late so if your daughter is interested in a travel team, you'll have to do some work to find the right team.

Anyway, good luck at State this Friday.

As far as moving up, in basketball or softball, I guess where my daughter is from, no one would question this. If a coach wants your daughter to play up, she does it.

Jun 18, 2010
Illinois
It's possible those teams may be the best fit?

Look around Plainfied and Manteno if your daughter is interested. I do know at least 1 girl from your hometown played for the River Valley Rage last year. It is a little late so if your daughter is interested in a travel team, you'll have to do some work to find the right team.

Anyway, good luck at State this Friday.

As far as moving up, in basketball or softball, I guess where my daughter is from, no one would question this. If a coach wants your daughter to play up, she does it.

She has already tried out & made a local travel team. Its not a huge one full of tournatments like alot around here... but with me & my husbands work schedule this is all we can cut for now!

She is a pitcher, but doesn't want to take lessons - so until she is ready, I'm not gonna push anything on her - it will do no good!

Thanks - absolutely thrilled for our 8th grade team going to State! And over 80% of the girls are only 7th graders... so imagine next year! :)

Moving up - I do take it as a compliment if she would be asked... Just having a bad experience myself it just makes me cridge thinking of it. But everyone is right - things have changed & its not me, its my daughter... and I can't & won't hold her back if that chance arises!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom