Pitching Radar Gun

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 2, 2019
However, with our lockdown I'm seriously considering the pocket coach that comes with the video and speed together feature. But mostly that's because I'm bored and tend to spend money when I'm bored.

I know them feels, bro.

That's why I have a ball coach.

Feb 26, 2018
If you are going with Pocket Radar, consider stepping up to the Ball Coach.

It's definitely more expensive, but if someone from your team is live-streaming, services like sidelineHD (my project) can link with your Pocket Radar app to make cool things like this:

(this game was streamed live, scroll to halfway point, you can see radar speeds)

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2017
Bushnell is what I have. It’s fine. Cheap.
I haven’t used it much. After Dd started to get better form and strength speed naturally went went. A dad on our team has all the gadgets. He pulls his pocket radar out pretty often . He always tells me better speeds than I’m guessing so this system works for me.

Jun 26, 2021
Bushnell B0002X7V1Q speed gun, we bought it on amazon to measure my son's pitching speed. The quality is very good, we also tested the speed of a few cars, very accurate.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
We currently have the Bushnell, which we got for about $80. And my 10U girl kind of likes the "gun" type design, as it makes it seem more official when I'm pointing it her way. The Bushnell is very consistent, easy to use, and lets us track her progress. We only pull it out one session per month or so. Just to measure improvement/progress.

However, with our lockdown I'm seriously considering the pocket coach that comes with the video and speed together feature. But mostly that's because I'm bored and tend to spend money when I'm bored.
Pocket coach with speed and video can be good for recruitment 👍

osagedr

Canadian Fastpitch Dad
Oct 20, 2016
Talk to any pitching parent that’s bought the Bushnell and eventually they move up to the Pocket Radar. The accuracy is similiar, but it’s so much easier not lugging a big gun around. There’s times it’s nice to be discreet when you’re using it too. Some people get their panties in a bunch when you gun their kid or think you’re showing off when you gun you’re own.
This. Bought a Stalker Sport 2 or whatever many years ago; great gun; PITA to lug around though; eventually just got the Pocket Radar. I use it to shoot skills videos and the easy-peasy video feature is great.

Jun 7, 2020
How does the feed work. What I'm asking is about the video from ben99. Do you have to input the score and balls and strikes or does the video interpret what is going on in the field?

May 16, 2016
How does the feed work. What I'm asking is about the video from ben99. Do you have to input the score and balls and strikes or does the video interpret what is going on in the field?
I believe with SidelineHD, someone is scoring the game using iScore. Sideline combines the scoring info from iScore, and the speed from Pocket Radar, and overlays it onto the game video.

Oct 4, 2018
Fun (albeit short) walk down memory lane on this thread.

I have long since bought the Pocket Radar, and it's awesome. Worth the money if your DD is going to pitch for several years. I do bring it to random tournaments and clock random girls (including my own). More for personal interest but also good to see progression.

Jun 27, 2021
Never been a radar guy and now more than ever is the reason why. Name the 14-16U girl in town USA posting a picture of inflated number off anywhere between 8-10 MPH their true speed to gain college attention. Colleges are not fooled by the numbers and a big turnoff once the see it live. Pitching coaches are known to juice it up a little bit to keep you coming back for more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00