Pitching Radar Gun

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
If you are committed to pitching, Pocket Radar is the way to go. I bought mine probably 18 months ago or so. One time investment and you have a quality product that you can use for years. That the tool is discreet is another benefit. As others have pointed out, it looks like a cell phone. I am also contemplating going "next level" with my set up now that I have all this free time on my hands.😅

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
If you order the bushnell dont forget the
44 magnum holster to go with it.
Really impressive when a pitchers parent can
'speed gun the speed gun'
:)
Enjoy

Oct 1, 2014
USA
I bought a Pocket Radar roughly 3 years ago, paid about $125 for it on some discount special (may have been a deal for DFP members only at the time). It's come in handy with my pitcher DD but honestly I don't use it as much as I thought i would for her pitching speeds. I'll pull it out randomly at times when she isn't expecting it and it doesn't seem to bother her much anymore but early on (and i've seen it with other pitchers also) it became a distraction and negatively impacted mechanics, focus, etc.. We also use it for tracking bat exit speeds, overhand throws and I've even tracked speeders flying by the bus stop when the kids were standing out there! Being more discreet than the Bushnell is a big advantage in my opinion for the reasons stated above...it is a real thing! My girls are heading off to college in August and I likely won't have as much need for the thing then so it'll likely be up for sale. :)

Apr 16, 2013
Owning both I've posted my feelings before on it. The pocket radar (blue button) is worth the extra money. 1.) It works better. 2.) It's FAR more discreet. 3.) Resale value is massively better. My DD hasn't pitched in years (and it was baseball at that), but I still bought the pocket radar just so I could gun others and get a "true" sense of what speeds were. Don't, for one second, ever believe what anyone tells you someone is pitching.

Aug 15, 2019
Owning both I've posted my feelings before on it. The pocket radar (blue button) is worth the extra money. 1.) It works better. 2.) It's FAR more discreet. 3.) Resale value is massively better. My DD hasn't pitched in years (and it was baseball at that), but I still bought the pocket radar just so I could gun others and get a "true" sense of what speeds were. Don't, for one second, ever believe what anyone tells you someone is pitching.
Thanks!! If you want to sell it let me know. 🤣

Oct 4, 2018
I need to look into the pocket coach! I tend to spend money when bored too! 😆. How old is your kiddo?

I don’t care about the discrete thing. I only clock her at home. Seems silly to me to clock girls at 10U tournaments.

but if I had the other one, I probably would sneak it to tournaments and one parent/friend of mine would say “hey, clock this girl. I wanna know what she’s throwing”.

answer: “39”. :)

Oct 4, 2018
Having the speed and a video of her together I do see as worth the money. I can see showing her how staying y’all was faster, for example.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez