Pitching I/R help please

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 26, 2011
[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zEDrhyVq7bM[/video]

Board Member & others...I am curious if she seems to be on the right path with her IR mechanics.

Thanks

Mar 26, 2013
Board Member thank you for your post. I will try these techniques. Do you have an email I can send a video to? I always thought one of my pitchers had "bad" form but now that I discovered I/r I believe this is what she is doing, unintentionally of coarse :). Thanks

Jul 14, 2008
[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zEDrhyVq7bM[/video]

Board Member & others...I am curious if she seems to be on the right path with her IR mechanics.

Thanks

What a friggin cutie pie! Yes......Let her keep throwing like this for a while.........

A bullet spins with an axis parallel to the path it travels. It would tumble if it spun a frisbee.

Thanks for clearing that up as I was thinking of a completely different issue. But now I am having another problem given this bullet spin you would think at some point the ball would move unless there is just not enough distance or rotational speed. I'll lurk for a while longer and also hit the backyard and play around some more before commenting again on the subject.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
The spiral rotation will move the least of any spin. The closer the axis gets to perpendicular to the direction of travel, the more it will move.

I wish more folks would follow your lead. Learning to pitch is eye opening and I think really helps to feel what works and what doesn't. Hopefully you have someone who can catch for you and give immediate feedback.

Jul 14, 2008
Board Member thank you for your post. I will try these techniques. Do you have an email I can send a video to? I always thought one of my pitchers had "bad" form but now that I discovered I/r I believe this is what she is doing, unintentionally of coarse :). Thanks

Check your PM Box.........

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
SoCalBlue,
Good point... I do my best to teach my pitchers to learn the plate umpire's strike zone quickly and stay on the perimeter of that zone. Mix location, speeds and spins to keep the batter off balance, and maybe if we're lucky we can have a three pitch inning! (Three weak grounders in a row)

Jul 14, 2008
Does this underhand football-spiral spin clockwise or counterclockwise?

Bullet Spin as view from a RH pitcher........

v4unx1.gif

May 18, 2009
SoCalBlue,
Good point... I do my best to teach my pitchers to learn the plate umpire's strike zone quickly and stay on the perimeter of that zone. Mix location, speeds and spins to keep the batter off balance, and maybe if we're lucky we can have a three pitch inning! (Three weak grounders in a row)

We had a first time blue yesterday. The strike zone was waist high and 1 ft square.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles