Pitching Coaches in the South Bay Area - Los Angeles

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 11, 2017
Can someone recommend a good PC in the area that does not teach HE, close the door. I have tried with no success. If there is none, what do you do? Try yourself?

Jun 19, 2014
Raleigh,NC
It would be great to have a directory listing I/R instructors in what state they teach....maybe could get one started with DFP?

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
We have kind of tried a couple times and never got any traction, I can recommend a bunch of people in my area.

There has to be someone in LA, softball capital of the world. :)

Someone will respond.

Feb 7, 2013
If only life was that simple! Unfortunately, you may need to travel somewhat to find quality instruction:

Gary Mullican (Strictly Softball, Mission Viejo) produces some top pitching talent. Have not used his services but DD has played against some of his students and they throw hard using Internal Rotation mechanics.

Instructor | Strictly Softball Fastpitch Academy

Kathy "Kat" Ayala (805-326-4091, Simi Valley) - If I had to do it all over again, I would have started my DD with her. Some of the best pitchers in the SFV, LA and Ventura County use her services. She teaches a bullet spin fastball as a first pitch and clearly understand arm whip mechanics and how to produce movement.

PM me if you need any additional info?

Good luck...

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2017
Thank you! Gary Mullican might work because mother-in-law lives in the area. Kill two birds with one stone, visit Grandma and get pitching lesson in. This is only an hour away from me, so very doable.

Feb 7, 2013
Thank you! Gary Mullican might work because mother-in-law lives in the area. Kill two birds with one stone, visit Grandma and get pitching lesson in. This is only an hour away from me, so very doable.

IMO, I would rather travel farther, less often for quality instruction than see a PC close by who teaches incorrect mechanics. Good luck, ask lots of questions and take notes as you will be your DDs primary pitching coach when not seeing a PC :)

Aug 21, 2008
i know Gary Mullican and would vouch for him, if that means anything to you.

In the meantime, I really want to start regular lessons in LA or close by in the fall. I plan on moving out of the Northeast (maybe LA?) but haven't decided where. Either way I'd love to set up a regular gig in LA.

If you go to him, tell Gary that I said hello.

Bill

Mar 11, 2017
It does mean a lot. I have been following your advice and trying to do my best to help my kid. In fact I own a couple of your videos. If you move to LA, that would be lucky for us. Do keep me posted. I would definitely bring my DD to check it out. If you have any questions about the area feel free to private message and I will help in any way I can.

Thanks Bill.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414