Pitching Coach ???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Of course there is the other side of the coin, where someone might've heard the term, and claim they teach "I/R", when they really have no clue what the hell they're doing........

Preach on Brotha.....
Last year my dd's HS coach was "helping" her with mechanics (more like ruining her) he proceeds to ask her if she'd ever heard of I/R? She perks up thinking that he may be getting on the same page as me.... He then proceeded to force hello elbow on her, and made her do push ups when she didn't do it his way. This is a big reason dd has quit pitching all together.

If your looking for an IR coach, I recommend that you get in touch with their current students and see what their mechanics look like...

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Some terms we use here are not necessarily wide spread. Instead of asking them what they teach see if you can observe a lesson and watch some of the PC's students pitch. You will know if they are being taught what you want.

Jul 14, 2008
Are you saying you assisted Denny in creating the Tincher certification\fluid dynamics "brand?"

CP

I don't know....Did I? Does he now use the term I/R in his "brand" or as part of his terminology when discussing delivery mechanics?

Jan 11, 2015
As far as I know he doesnt use the term. Just simply teaches them how to get from point a to point b. Very simple!

Dec 7, 2011
Question -

Does anybody know of any "high-end" PC's that are out there in the country that may have advanced a young college age pitcher to the next-next level? (I don't really know what this means,....maybe it's more of a mental coaching session than a mechanics session)

It would be nice to know of any names y'all know or heard of that have been seen to take a freshman and tune them into killer upper-classmen.

Thoughts?

(DD is floundering right now a bit after her teams PC tried to fundamentally change her and then the PC leaves just before the season.)

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Question -

Does anybody know of any "high-end" PC's that are out there in the country that may have advanced a young college age pitcher to the next-next level? (I don't really know what this means,....maybe it's more of a mental coaching session than a mechanics session)

It would be nice to know of any names y'all know or heard of that have been seen to take a freshman and tune them into killer upper-classmen.

Thoughts?

(DD is floundering right now a bit after her teams PC tried to fundamentally change her and then the PC leaves just before the season.)

tincherpitching@aol.com (540) 960-1750 is a good place to start!

Oct 3, 2009
Question -

Thoughts?

My DD really likes Doug Gillis so just our take and he has worked with Mizzou and other pitchers.

Gillis Fastpitch University

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Question -

Thoughts?

Mackenzie Audas at UCF spent some time with Kaci Clark-Zerbe who is based in Tampa. Mackenzie is currently 4th in ERA in with a 0.95. Kaci is not only solid on the mechanics but one of the best when it comes to getting between a pitchers ears. She had what was supposed to be a career ending injury but rehabbed and ended up at UCLA where she did pretty well. As such she has a level of insight to the mental side that few PC's can leverage. She strongly suggests her students read The Inner Game of Tennis.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2010
That was my concern--do they teach drive mechanics similar to what Java advocates, internal rotation like Boardmember advocates, and the brush contact Pauly advocates (along with a lot of other stuff Pauly advocates)? If so, the certification is a great thing. If not..... well that would lead to an argument with some.

In my novice opinion, Angela Tincher could be the poster child for javasource drive mechanics - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdJsAjz55hc. I'll change my opinion if someone explains convincingly why I'm wrong.

dd has seen Denny 3-4 times since since her imperfect adaption of the 2-step for her drive mechanics. At least twice (different sessions), Denny has watched her windup/drive mechanics and has commented that he doesn't want to change it. I guess that means whatever he teaches that is different is more style than substance and he's smart enough to know the difference.

That said, dd has never seen a "certified instructor" for more than a couple of minutes at a Tincher clinic (typically, 30-60 girls) so I don't know if what they teach is consistent with javasource.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeTD&Coach