Pitching Coach ???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 21, 2012
My 10 yo DD has been bitten by the pitching bug. I posted a video a few weeks ago under Beginner Pitcher. Anyways I have decided to find a pitching coach that can cleanup some stuff and teach her more than I can. I need some advice on finding the right coach. I've read a lot of post from y'all and would like to avoid some stuff that is popular around her. Hello Elbow for one.

I need some advice on what to ask and what to look for. I would like a coach that uses I/R, because that is what I am trying to teach her to use.

Thanks
Chad

Aug 30, 2014
Central Ohio
I am very new to this also but I would just ask right up front what style they teach if there is any doubt. We have just been to two lessons so far with ours but it was funny because in the first email reply to me she told me in about the second sentence that she teaches IR. Pretty sure she has had some HE girls and parents show up and finds it much easier to make it known right up front what she teaches. So far we couldn't be happier. Good luck with your search.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
What does this "Certified Pitching Instructors Directory" guarantee in terms of pitching instruction?

I cannot vouch for all of them, but my DD takes pitching lessons from Adrienne Walker-Chery and has been very happy. She also sees Denny a couple of times a year when his road show comes to Atlanta. I would image the other pitching coaches who are considered "certified" also teach IR and Denny's "fluid dynamics" mechanics.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
I cannot vouch for all of them, but my DD takes pitching lessons from Adrienne Walker-Chery and has been very happy. She also sees Denny a couple of times a year when his road show comes to Atlanta. I would image the other pitching coaches who are considered "certified" also teach IR and Denny's "fluid dynamics" mechanics.

That was my concern--do they teach drive mechanics similar to what Java advocates, internal rotation like Boardmember advocates, and the brush contact Pauly advocates (along with a lot of other stuff Pauly advocates)? If so, the certification is a great thing. If not..... well that would lead to an argument with some.

Jul 14, 2008
Makes me happy to know that along with exposing what proper pitching mechanics are really all about, I've also assisted some coaches who actually do teach proper mechanics to put a label on what they are teaching. Instead of some totally BS generic term like "oh, I teach the whip style mechanics". Where you never really know what your about to pay for.......

Of course there is the other side of the coin, where someone might've heard the term, and claim they teach "I/R", when they really have no clue what the hell they're doing........

Jan 7, 2014
Western New York
Makes me happy to know that along with exposing what proper pitching mechanics are really all about, I've also assisted some coaches who actually do teach proper mechanics to put a label on what they are teaching. Instead of some totally BS generic term like "oh, I teach the whip style mechanics". Where you never really know what your about to pay for.......

Of course there is the other side of the coin, where someone might've heard the term, and claim they teach "I/R", when they really have no clue what the hell they're doing........

Are you saying you assisted Denny in creating the Tincher certification\fluid dynamics "brand?"

CP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd