Pitches and CWS

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
I tried that once when I was wanting to watch a football game but couldn't stand the local announcers being homers. So I tried watching on TV and listening on the radio but there was a 4-5 second gap between what I'd see and what I'd hear. It's like watching a Youtube clip when the audio and video aren't in sync. It's maddening. LOL.
You are a hard man to please..

Oct 14, 2019
Fouts throws a bullet spin pitch but she throws a 12-6 drop ball. The result is a large divergence in the height of the pitch at the plate...requiring more correction in the bat swing then a batter can make.

Like Mariano Rivera, I suspect that Fouts has almost identical release points for both pitches, making it almost impossible for a batter to detect the difference between the two pitches.

Why Fouts isn't on the Olympic team is beyond me.

Fouts is a much better pitcher than Garcia at this stage in their careers.

Dec 11, 2010
Fouts throws a bullet spin pitch but she throws a 12-6 drop ball. The result is a large divergence in the height of the pitch at the plate...requiring more correction in the bat swing then a batter can make.

Like Mariano Rivera, I suspect that Fouts has almost identical release points for both pitches, making it almost impossible for a batter to detect the difference between the two pitches.

Why Fouts isn't on the Olympic team is beyond me.

Yes!

This tweet doesn’t show spin but is a hint at why she is effective.

She said after the UCLA game ”I need to work on my change up”. When she has a change she will be unstoppable.

Make no mistake, I am a fan of Fouts (And Hemphill!) but I’d like to point out that two weekends ago Kentucky had 7 hits on her. Abernathy took her over the fence two times in that game.

I included that info in a since deleted rude comment about UCLA not being able to hit SEC pitching lol

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877