Pitchers get screwed on scoring...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Too bad ordinary effort and extraordinary effort can be spelled out in black and white for all scorekeeeper's to use uniformly across the board.

Jan 31, 2014
North Carolina
Sometimes fielders get screwed on scoring as well. Some pitcher's dads or moms keeping the book will charge errors to the fielders (that were not errors) to make their kid's pitching stats look much better. It all depends on who's keeping the book and how honest they are..........

I keep the book for DD's High School team, and I'm keenly aware that other parents are paying attention to see if I am fair about scoring.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Too bad ordinary effort and extraordinary effort can be spelled out in black and white for all scorekeeeper's to use uniformly across the board.

We have a parent who scores the game in Game Changer and uses "standard" scoring practices, but the coaches also keep a paper book in the dugout that allows us to make notations like "should have made the play", "did not charge ground ball", "slipped in outfield grass", "pulled up to avoid contact - no inteference, no play".

IR a Pitching Dad

Sitting on a Bucket
Dec 4, 2014
I'm in support of some type of initial certification and on going annual competency for scorekeepers. Not a big fan of parents keeping the books....it is way too subjective in some aspects to keep eye brows from being raised. A real life example, my DD pitching while other pitcher plays 1b. (other pitcher's mother is scorekeeper....oh, by the way her dad is assistant coach). Ground ball hit down first base line, goes between 1b legs in to rf.......no error batter awarded a hit. I guess there is no perfect answer to this other than for me to quit whining about it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1